Chapter 5

The following day dawned with a surge of optimism, as the sun ascended over the hills, lifting people's spirits and filling them with anticipation for the day ahead.

Sike, bitch!!

The following day was just as dreary as usual. The sky remained overcast from the previous night's rain, yet there was no sign of further precipitation in the morning.

Ishan arrived to his classroom and found Abhishek and Mayank already seated, but there was no sign of Shubman. He made his way towards them.

"Your face looks swollen like a lusi." Ishan commented looking at Abhishek's face, who's face had a few bruises, but compared to Rohan who was sitting at the far end, grovelling at his misery alone, he looked fine af.

"It's not that bad, okay." Abhishek responded, his gaze following Ishan's line of sight. His face lit up with a smile, akin to a writer's joy when their story is appreciated.

"Sorry, for not letting you be with us yesterday. We didn't want you to worry unnecessarily when you were clearly tired." Mayank said guiltily.

"You're the only one who apologizes even when it's not your fault. You did that for our betterment, but if you are still feeling guilty then you can make it up to us sometime." Ishan said.

"How about you all come to my house tonight? We can do our school work together and watch a movie afterward." Mayank proposed.

"I have to pass, sorry. I will go with Shubman and meet Shahneel di today. God knows how she is dealing with the murder of her best friend." Ishan shuddered, the atmosphere turning somber.

"I am always up for such quality time. But let's do all that in your room to ensure no disturbance in between our work." Abhishek attempted to joke to lighten their mood.

"Bhai, your face looks swollen like a lusi." Shubman chirped from behind, taking a seat beside Ishan.

"You know what.. nevermind. That's some soulmate shit going on."

"What?"

"Nothing." Ishan answered for Abhishek.

"Good morning, students." Gambhir Sir, who always demanded his presence to be acknowledged by his students beforehand, greeted drearily.

Instead of getting their answerscripts shoved to their faces, they got Gambhir Sir looking well ... gambhir

"I have a surprise for you all." He said, surprise bloomed on each one of their faces. Him giving them a surprise was akin to Bina meghe bajrapat (Thunder without clouds)

Has their punishment in the last test been doubled?

"Don't scare them, Sir." And there stood their history teacher, Rohit Sharma in all his glory.

"I didn't even say anything." Gambhir Sir complained with his infamous glare.

"Your mere presence is enough." Rohit Sir muttered lowly.

"You said something?"

"Did I, I don't think so."

Gambhir Sir sighed and began speaking about the probably good surprise since Rohit Sir is also on board.

"To enhance your interest and connection with our history, Rohit Sir has arranged a visit to the museum for all of you. Unfortunately, as your class teacher, I'll be accompanying you to ensure your safety and well-being while exploring with Rohit Sir."

Well, that is a good surprise, indeed.

"Don't worry, you will get your results after the trip."
______________________________________