Chpt. 6 - Round Two. Fight!

Damn. Your indulgent TV stalking of the Wayne's really doesn't hit the same once you technically knew them. And you were hiding inside one of their bedrooms, inside one of their clothes, using their TV subscription. It just didn't feel right. Morally, of course, but that wasn't what you were talking about. No, you were just pissy your favourite pastime was basically ruined. You shovel another spoonful of cookie dough ice cream into your mouth, glaring through tired eyes at the screen.

There's an up-close shot of Dick Grayson's abs. The presenter 'oohs' and 'aahs' over his physical form, and you have to agree. You wish you had abs like that. Unfortunately, you did respond to most unwanted experiences with stress eating. As always with these celebrity figures, you can't really tell if you want to be Dick or be with Dick. Your butt is nowhere near the level his is at.

While you hadn't really set out today looking for shirtless pictures of the Waynes, it wasn't like you were going to say no to them. So, when the gossip channel had switched from the reactions of the Waynes to last night's fiasco to... this... you'd just kept watching.

You wonder if you should stop doing this. It's definitely kind of creepy, and now you'd technically once been his... step-sister. What a mind fuck. You've been crushing on these dudes for a while, and now they were your ex-step siblings. This was like the start of a bad porno, but you knew you were not that lucky. And it wasn't like you were going to start thinking of him as a brother any time soon. You hadn't even met the guy. No, he was still firmly in the 'celebrity crush' section of your mind. Pretty and untouchable. The way things are supposed to be.

Which was also bad because you would probably have to meet and interact with him at some point. Probably in the near future. God knows you'd absolutely humiliated yourself in front of the fucking Timothy Jackson Drake-Wayne,. Twice, in fact. You didn't even want to think about the display you'd shown for Bruce Wayne or Damian Wayne.

You didn't really know what to do with your slightly obsessive crushes. And you could see it definitely being a problem in the near future.

...You decide that what you do in your private time is absolutely nobody but your business, and keep watching. It's a mix of bitter spite and genuine mental breakdown levels of desperation that leads you to that decision. You feel like you're a child with their toy being taken away, and it's making you mad. And sad too. Even if you shouldn't do this anymore, you still want to keep the habit. You'd mentioned before your creature comforts were one of the few things that kept you going. And while you were mostly very good at not being the jealous, heinous creature you really are, you knew you wouldn't be giving this up.

They'd have to tear your gossip channels from your cold dead palms. You weren't giving them up, not without a fight at least. Unfortunately for you, the universe seemed determined to wrestle away literally everything you loved.

Guilt's for tomorrow. Today is for ice cream and purposefully ignoring everything. Speaking of which, you can not remember the last time you had a good Ben & Jerry's. They were so expensive these days, as all groceries were. You simply couldn't afford it. The Waynes, of course, had multiple tubs in multiple different options. Alfred had seemed delighted that you'd taken the ice cream, for which reasons you could not perceive.

Oh, yeah! His name was Alfred. Very butler-y. You'd remember it this time, he was a very nice man. And he called you 'young miss' which earned him points. He also didn't seem to hate you on sight or treat you like a two-headed freak, like some of the other people in this household. Not naming names. Yeah, fuck that noise, Damian Wayne obviously has issues and it's much less attractive in real life.

The woman drones on, and your eyes flick to your phone. Yup, she's still yapping. It's not like you don't appreciate Dick's abs or anything, it's just that you think she might've been talking about this one specific photo for over half an hour now. Lady should get a hobby. Wait, wait, this is her job. Maybe you should start a podcast where you rant about the Wayne's exercise regimes. It seems to be quite a lucrative field.