6

Being a genin did nothing to make Sakura feel different. Sure, she felt like Sasuke might like her more, but her parents still treated her like she didn't know how to take care of herself.

"Sakura, you need to get up!" her mother called.

Sakura groaned. "I am up. Stop treating me like a child!"

It was infuriating when her parents did this. She was a genin for Kami's sake. Unlike Meiko, who failed because Meiko's useless. If Meiko had passed, she would've been lucky because she didn't have parents to tell her what to do everyday.

"Okay honey, just make sure to leave on time!"

Sakura rolled her eyes. Her parents were so annoying.

She looked in the mirror at her pink qipao dress and her blue boots. She tied her hitai-ate like a headband, with her bangs in front. Her pouch was around her leg with the bandages beneath.

Sakura nodded to herself. Sasuke had to notice her now. She was strong and a genin. She hoped they were on the same team.

Sakura ran down, grabbed the toast and buttered it quickly. She then ate and walked out the door. When she exited, she was met with Ino.

Her face twisted into disgust. Ino was her rival for Sasuke. When they were young, Ino had been Sakura's friend, but then Sakura found out Ino had a crush on Sasuke as well and she broke the friendship because what kind of friend has a crush on their friend's crush? Now they were rivals for Sasuke's attention and affection.

"Good morning Sakura," Ino smirked at Sakura, a malicious glint in her eyes.

"Good morning Ino," Sakura spoke back, paying no mind to the glint.

"Who would've thought you'd be able to graduate." Ino's voice was taunting and rude.

"Says you, Ino-pig," Sakura countered with a growing anger. "You're the one who could barely get past the written test."

"And you're the one who only scored five out of ten in the throwing exam," Ino said back angrily.

Sakura growled and sped up. Ino started walking faster to take over. The two continued until they were full on sprinting into the class. When they got there, the two burst into the classroom at the same time and panted.

"I win!" Sakura screamed.

"No! I did!"

That was when Sakura looked past Ino. She paid no mind to the seat next to Sasuke that was filled, but her eyes locked onto Sasuke. Her face flushed as she thought about him staring at the window.

He's so mysterious, she thought.

Sakura shoved past Ino to where Sasuke was seated. She had no idea who the blonde girl was, only that she would get her out of the seat when Sasuke let her sit there.

"Sasuke-kun, can I sit next to you?"

Sasuke turned to her and rolled his eyes. Sakura blushed because Sasuke looked at her. She turned to the blonde and had to do a double take when she saw a blonde with gorgeous, cerulean blue eyes, and whisker marks. The blonde was wearing a dark blue turtleneck shirt and dark blue biker shorts. She had a belt with several pouches and cylindrical storages for whatever. Around her forehead was a dark blue hitai-ate, so she was obviously a graduated kid. She also had a nice, dark grey jacket on, which Sakura briefly wondered how she was wearing in this weather before she realised that someone like this was seated next to Sasuke.

This girl was much prettier than Ino, her, or any of the other girls in class. She definitely had a confidence Sakura had never seen. And thirdly, the girl looked really bored of Sakura. The only good thing was that the girls didn't have too long hair, meaning Sasuke wouldn't like her because he doesn't like girls with short hair (or that was the rumour Sakura took as fact, as did most girls).