Pride [Part 4]

Levihas kept his promise to Erwin and kept himself away from you. Notthat he has much time for anything else but his duty. Capturing aTitan for Hange was a task that saw to deaths of many Soldiers. Buthe trusted Erwin's decision and, with the help of Squad Levi, SurveyCorps managed to capture not one, but two Titans that they kept undercover, in case tensions rise.

          Hehad hand picked his own Squad for their abilities. The way theyoperated reminded him of Underground days when everybody could readeach other's body language without having to speak or think. HisSquad ended up being the most elite in the Survey Corps and they wereassigned the toughest tasks, they were also the most successful whenfacing Titans.

          Apartfrom his Squad, Levi found comfort in late night research with Hange,who had found their way in Levi's heart quickly. He found theircompany easy, with no need to change who he was. There were timeswhen he wanted to rip their head off, but that came from a place oflove. Having a friend had kept him from getting lost in his thoughtsand gave him hope that you too will have made bonds with the otherCadets.

          Therewere many expeditions being done during this time. Hange had beeninsistent on getting their hands on an abnormal Titan, or at leastspending some time observing them outside walls. During one suchexpedition, during Levi's night watch duty, Erwin approaches Leviwith a grim look on his face. Levi has always been naturally giftedat reading body language and Erwin has something on his mind.

     ''Spitit out, Erwin,'' Levi looks at his Commander. The way Erwindrops his gaze and looks at the dying fire makes Levi uncomfortable,whatever he has to say won't be pleasant.

     ''It'sabout--'' Erwin's voice is low and indecisive.

     ''Whatabout her?'' Levi can't handle the wait. He's ready to get onhis horse and make his way wherever you are.

     ''It'snothing, Levi. I just think it's better I tell you before youfind--''

     ''Whois she fucking?''

     ''ReinerBraun.'' 

          Itshouldn't have mattered. He knows it shouldn't havemattered. It was only going to be a short while before someonesnatched you up. But Reiner Braun was someone that Levi had problemswith from the moment he had set his eyes on him. There was somethingoff about him and his friend. They both looked like they had seen theworld's end even though they came from a simple background. Theyjoined the Cadets with no prior knowledge of fighting, but their eyesreminded him more of the soldiers that had faced Titans.

          Hestill can't forget the day you had ran into Reiner, huge youhad called him and that made Levi wonder if he was enough for you.Now, finding out that you had not only given your body to someoneelse, but given your body to Reiner Braun, made Levi wonder if he wasdoing himself a disservice by not giving into his own carnal desires.He hadn't exactly had the time to look out for someone, especiallywith everything going on it wasn't something that took priority inLevi's life.

          Erwinlingers, and with a firm hand on Levi's shoulder comes a realizationthat Levi hasn't felt a touch from another person in a very longtime. This one simple gesture makes him let go of all the pretense.The disappointment he is feeling right now, the sadness, andmelancholia for a time that will never be, gets projected to theperson that has allowed him to feel like he belongs to something andthat his actions matter.

          AllLevi has to do is turn his head to find Erwin's blue eyes locked onhim. There is a moment of hesitation in Levi's actions, but Erwin'shand slides across his back and Levi leans into the half embrace. Heisn't sure what it is about the way Erwin looks at him, but theirlips lock in a kiss that has been in the making from the first timeLevi had looked at Erwin and Erwin had seen him like nobodyelse from Above had. When Levi was on his knees, his facecovered in mud, Erwin hadn't looked at him like he belongsUnderground, instead he had been impressed with Levi's skill. Erwinhad known that Levi was hired to kill him, but he had been stepsahead of everybody in the corrupted world of the Military and, whenLevi failed his friends and the task he had been assigned, Erwinstill spoke to him like they were equals.