Chapter 2

HEY Y'ALL!!!! WHASSUP!!!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED AND COMMENTED!!!! <(~,~)/

This is a story my friend, her dad, and I made up. ENJOY!!!!!!!

*******************************************************************************************************************

The camp "orientation" was OK. They told us what activities there were to do. Some activities were:

Swimming

Horse Riding

Tennis

Biking

Hiking (Maddie's Favorite)

Archery

Sailing

Canoeing

'I really think I would enjoy archery,' I thought. 'It seems fun.' Then they announced the people who's family donated bunches of money every year to help the camp.

"Maddie and Ash Roberts," The announcer said. I looked up to see a happy Maddie walking up on stage. Then, I was surprised to see that the handsome boy from earlier was walking right behind her. He scanned the crowd, then locked eyes with me. I was frozen and lost in his eyes. I felt as if I was melting when we made eye contact. Maddie caught us staring at each other and whispered something in his ear. Ash nodded and whispered something back. Maddie looked horrified and disgusted and punched him on the arm. He muttered an apology and turned away to get his certificate.

Suddenly, the announcer softly said something to Maddie. She went rigid stiff and looked like she wanted to kill him. Ash grabbed her arm and dragged her off the stage. Now, being Maddie and all, she didn't go quietly. She struggled but was so furious she didn't use all her strength. Ash pulled her back to our cabin in one swift move. I followed them. Ash whipped around and stared at me.

"Girl, you don't have to hide," Ash said in a velvety, sexy voice. "If you're worried about Maddie, don't be. She is fine." He angrily glared at Maddie and stalked into the cabin. I decided to go in with them. He had just laid Maddie down and was halfway out the door when he said, "Never wander at night. It's dangerous here."

I blinked once or twice. Was he talking to me? I heard a groan and immediately knew it was Maddie. She looked at me like I was a piece of juicy meat. She got up and said, "I'm leaving. DO NOT follow me." With those parting words, she was gone. Ash sighed and turned toward me. "I'm guessing you're her cabin-mate." I nodded and said,"Actually, I'm her bunk-mate too."

"Great. I'll follow her. Oh, wait. I never caught your name," He added. He looked at me expectantly."Oh! My name is Arline."

"Arline," He repeated, "Good name." And with that he vanished. Literally, vanished. I gasped. 'It was probably a trick of the light,' I told myself. 'Nothing bad.'

****************************************************************************************************************

                                                                            ~Maddie POV~

Sheesh. Ash already asked if I drank from Arline. Never! She's my friend. Why did I ever get stuck with the most annoying, arrogant, stupid brother in the universe?! I mean, c'mon! That's NOT fair! Also, it's NOT fair that the counselor had to be suspicious. Poor him. By telling me that, he about dug his own grave. "You're not going to kill him," Ash's voice said. I jumped forward in suprise.

"He suspects us already!" I shouted. Bringing my voice down to a whisper, I said,"We either need to kill him or erase his memories. I vote kill," I added happily.

"We are not killing anyone," Ash hissed, "We need to keep our profile low." 'Tsk, tsk. I'm killing him whether you like it or not!' I thought. "MWAHAHAHA!" I thought out loud. I felt Ash's eyes on my back as I walked away. When he was out of sight, it turned into a sprint.

I saw the announcer go into his cabin. I stalked him silently, waiting for the right moment to jump. When he came back out, I pounced and sunk my fangs into his neck. I drank until there was nothing left. I dropped him when I heard someone coming. 'One down, lots more to go,' I thought as I licked my lips.

*************************************************************************************************************

                                                                 Christina POV

I was walking up the trail to the announcer's cabin to see if they knew what was going to happen tomorrow. I saw a dark figure running away. I had no clue what it was. When I got to the cabin, I saw a  body. It was the announcer's. I did the only thing I could do. Scream. Something grabbed me from behind and the world went black.

-------------------------------------------------------(30 MINS LATER) ----------------------------------------------------

                                                                              *Arline POV*

I woke to screaming that suddenly cut off. Maddie! I ran out of the cabin and, I saw Ash yelling at Maddie. Neither had noticed me yet. "Why did you do it when I told you not to?" Ash said in a dangerous voice. "Because when he found out completely we would waltz around camp with a mob of humans with stakes and torches because of what we are!"

"Why did you kill him?" Ash yelled.

"You used to do it all time Ash! Ever thought that maybe I got it from you?" Maddie yelled back.

I had enough. I gasped and ran. Maddie ran and grabbed me by my hair. "What are you doing?!" Maddie said, "Are you freaking out of your mind? I thought Ash told you to stay inside at night!"

 "I heard someone screaming! I needed to know what happened," I whispered ever so quietly.

"Well, now we have to kill you! I can't believe you! Why can't you be like a normal human and run away when people scream?" Maddie yelled at me. I flinched away in fear. "Stop Maddie, you're scaring her," Ash said. "What are you?" I asked quietly. Maddie didn't answer but Ash just said two words that changed my life.

"We're vampires." Maddie put a hand on my forehead and the world was suddenly black.