Camp Crystal Lake

Hey guys!!! This is our first story, so I hope you like it!!!!!

*******************************************************************************************************************

It was the beginning of June and I was already arguing with my mother about having to go to camp.

"Mom! I absolutely do not want to go to a stupid 3 week summer camp! Especially since it's in Texas! That's like... 40,000,000 miles away."

She gave me an an exaggerated look and said, "Well, honey, since we are going out of town for a while, there was no other option for where you could stay. Unless you would rather go to your aunt's house." She added quickly. Oh, no! Anywhere but Aunt Sabra's house. She was the crankiest, most annoying person on earth.

"That isn't fair," I said trying to back myself up. "Anyways, what is summer camp without any of your friends there with you?" I asked accusingly. I can't imagine summer without Christina or Betsie. They were the only things that kept me going.

About an hour later, I was sitting in my room texting one of my friends, Christina. I was so busy texting I didn't even notice my mom coming into my room without even knocking.

"Why don't you ever knock, mom?" I asked her, "I don't know why I even bother putting up that 'DO NOT COME IN MY ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING' sign," I said to myself.

Mom gave me a mean look and continued, "Well, I was e-mailing Bestie and Christina's mom's--," then she paused to take a look at my room.

"Will you just get to the point, mom?" I said impatiently.

"As I said, Arline, I was e-mailing their mom's, and they told me that both Christina and Betsie are going to that camp. Now, you will not be going to Camp Crystal Lake alone," she squealed doing a happy dance.

I was happy about not having to go to camp alone, but at the same time I was angry that I had to go to this summer camp. I mean, let's get real, who really wants to spend the whole summer getting up early, mucking horse stalls, and who knows what else?! But I have to go.

Hello Texas, goodbye Florida.

****************************************************************************************************************

As we pulled into a dirt road, I saw Christina waving at me. I just stared at the camp's main building. Normal enough. My mouth literally dropped to the ground when I saw the lake. It was beautiful! It wasn't at all as I imagined it. Best of all, it had a blow up yellow and blue trampoline in the middle!

I told my mom goodbye and that I would miss her so very much. After she left, I began searching for Christina.

"Hey! Arline, over here!" Christina yelled, bringing me out of my daze. She was wearing a sky blue tank-top, and some denim blue-jean shorts. Her long and wavy blonde hair blew when I got closer to her, as if a fan were blowing on her. Christina had always been beautiful. Every boy in the eighth grade was attracted to her: they would ask her on dates and stuff like that. One time, I had asked if she wanted to come over to my house, but her mom said that she was at the movies with her boyfriend. I had always been jealous of how she always got the hottest boys in school.

Christina had gone on and on about how she and her new boyfriend, Christian, are doing. I just sat there listening to her. I looked around the old place just to stall. I looked at the lake. It was just beautiful. It was so clear that you could see the bottom of the lake! As I glanced up, my eyes met a boy with golden, messed up hair, and dark brown eyes. Before I could study this tall, handsome boy, he turned around and left out of the middle of no where.

You could definitely tell that Christina and I were thinking the same thing: he was very good looking.

"Did you see him, Christina?" I asked.

"Yeah. I know that I have a boyfriend, but that guy is to die for,"Christina said in a positive attitude.

Before I could say anything else, Betsie was pulling into the camp driveway with a car full of luggage.

"Hey girls!"

****************************************************************************************************************

As my friends and I walked into Cabin 2, we heard the song 'Can't Touch This'. We peeked in to see a girl with long, straight blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes dancing like a crazy women. She turned to glance at us and said, "You must be the new girls. I'm Maddie!"

We just stared at her until Christina said, "I'm Christina, this is Betsie, and this girl," She pointed at me, "is Arline." She looked me up and down like we were some sort of prey waiting to be eaten.

"Arline, you can bunk with me. You two can bunk together," Maddie looked at her watch, "I have to go now. Set up your stuff and go to the camp introduction meeting. See you later!"

"Wait! Where are you goi--" I was cut off the door slamming in my face.

" Well," Betsie sighed. "She seems cheerful enough. Except for the part that she almost scarred Arline's face with the door." Betsie and Christina started laughing. I scanned the room. Not bad, not bad at all. Then, I wondered what or who was Maddie going to see? Why didn't Maddie answer when I asked where she was going?

Christina's voice brought her back to reality. "If you don't come, Arline, we're going to be late for the camp introduction meeting," she said impatiently.

"Let's get going, then! I've been dying of boredom over here," Betsie said, grinning.

As we were walking to the main building, I swear I felt something stare at me through the darkness.

****************************************************************************************************************

How was it? Please comment, fan, and vote!!! Love you all!!!!!! :D