CHAPTER 2

race week 1 Bahrain

LUNA POV:
Fp1 and 2 were finally over so now all i had to do is wait for logan to be ready then i can finally go to bed. i was really proud of logan even though he wasn't on the podium it was nice seeing him at p5 and p7.

i was standing off to the side waiting for logan when i saw george walking in my direction. "hey luna, did you enjoy watching practice today?" "yeah! you both did really well." "well thank you. hey me and some other drivers are gonna go out to eat if you and logan wanna join us." "oh alright, thanks i'll ask him whenever he comes out." as i said that i noticed logan walking in our direction "hey luna, ready to go?" "oh george just invited us to dinner with a few of the other drivers if you wanna go." "oh yeah for sure" "alright i'll text you all the details mate" george said before heading out.

an hour later we were pulling up to the restaurant. i was feeling really nervous to meet all the drivers and i think logan could tell. "now look who needs to calm down." he said after parking the car. "sorry im just really nervous about meeting everyone." "it'll be okay. they're all pretty nice and they've been dying to meet you." "alright let's just get inside we're already late." i said opening the door and getting out.

as we were approaching the table i noticed we were the last to arrive which didn't help my nerves at all. "hey luna and logan, glad you guys could make it." george said enthusiastically "yeah sorry we're a bit late." i responded. "it's no issue normally we're all a bit late but please sit." he said gesturing to the seat next to him. after i sat down logan sat next to me and introduced me to everyone. "This is my sister luna." it was very hard to keep up with everyone's names. even though i watched the races on tv i only ever paid attention to logan and i was starting to regret it. the only names that i could remember were lewis, lando, alex, and oscar but i only knew alex from being logan's old teammate and oscar because he is logan's best friend.

the dinner went pretty well considering i didn't talk much. it was nice seeing logan smiling though knowing when he first joined formula one he didn't talk to anyone. it made me happy knowing he was starting to make friends. for a lot of the dinner i was just talking to george joking around but it was the most ive smiled in a while. i don't know what it is about george but whenever he's around i always catch myself feeling happier.

after dinner was over me and logan got back into the car and headed towards to hotel. i was feeling so exhausted i just wanted to relax but of course logan wasn't gonna let that happen. "so you and george seem to be getting along well" he says in a suspicious tone. "yeah? i'm confused about what you're hinting at." "i'm just saying i could definitely see something happening there and even though i wouldn't love you dating my teammate he is a great dude and i know he wouldn't purposely hurt you." "woah there dude i told you before im not interested in a relationship, that statement still stands." " what ever you say moon."

The next day  before qualifying
George pov:
i was getting nervous for quali. even though i had managed to get on the podium for fp3 i was scared i wouldn't be able to deliver for the team. i had a bit more time to kill before i had to be in the car so i decided i was gonna find luna and talk to her for a bit.

"hey luna!" i said approaching her. " oh hey george, i was actually about to find you to say good job in fp3." well thank you, i just hope i can cross that good luck over to qualifying." "i'm sure you can but if not you at least know you tried your best." "thank you for that, luna." "it's no problem. im always here if you need someone to cheer you up
or calm your nerves, but speaking of a pick me up i think it's time i get a coffee otherwise i dont think ill be awake to watch quali." i laughed and said "well let's go get you some coffee then"

she ordered herself an iced coffee and i decided to get a cup of tea after we got our order she spoke up
and "it's so british of you to drink tea." "well i think it's very american of you to get a coffee." i jokingly replied. she laughed as we walked back into the garage.