◦◯ ◡◠PROLOGUE◠◡ ◯◦

Faun

Daemoes' most beautiful beasts, known for their beauty and kindness...

Until the war... Horns VS Horns, Feet VS hooves

They took our kind and held them captive, holding them until they killed and ate each other... Only one escaped... my father. He made it to the tribe and embraced my mother, both young and already knowing the dangers of this beautiful horrid world...

He grew up to lead the tribe... and she grew up to be his bride... and then came me. Hi! I'm Avalon, ironically enough the name means "paradise" The meaning came from the old Daemos... before they started the wars, before we killed and ate their flesh, stripping their bones just to survive...

─────◦🩸◦─────

I was young when I met him... leif..

I had been 10 and lost in the forest, scratched up and bruised after an encounter with a Damos.

"Are you okay..?" I heard a voice behind me.

I yelped and turned around. I came face to face with a Damos.

"I-I don't want trouble!" I said as I slowly backed away.

"Trouble..? Why would anyone want that? You're too pretty for me to hurt." he chuckled.

"Huh..? But I'm a Faun.."

"A beautiful one." he smiled. "Here, let me help you." he chuckled.

I looked at him before taking a slow step towards him.

"Sit down. I won't hurt you." *he frowned slightly

I nodded and sat on a tree stump. He crouched in front of me and started healing my arms.

"So what's your name, sweet cheeks?"

"Avalon- wait... what did you call me?"

"Sweet cheeks!" he said proudly.

"Why?"

"Because your cheeks are pink... it makes you look sweet."

"I'm not blushing though..."

"You're probably cold." he shrugged

"Yeah... I mean usually, I would be with the tribe... but I had a run-in with a Damos..." I muttered.

"Mmm... need help finding them?"

"I suppose that would be nice... What's your name though."

"I'm Leif." he smiled and ruffled my hair. "How old are ya? You look pretty young."

"Ten... you?"

"Fourteen." he chuckled. "You're just a baby!" he grinned.

"Not funny!" I huffed.

"Sorry sweet cheeks, but it's true!"

He finished healing me and stood up before offering me his hand."let's find your tribe, yeah?"

I nodded and held his hand.

"Here's the plan! We walk around until we see somewhere familiar! Then I walk you as close as I can and then I phase away!"

"Phase..?"

He disappeared and reappeared in front of me, walking backwards. "Yeah, sweet cheeks!"

I raised a brow and watched as he tripped over a root. He phased beside me and laughed, clearly embarrassed.

I giggled and looked up at him. "That's pretty cool... besides the whole tripping thing."

"Oh shut up!" he scoffed and shoved me a bit.

We walked for hours, talking and laughing until we came to the clearing where my tribe was.

"Well, sweet cheeks! This is your stop!"

I looked at my tribe and back to him "Will I see you again..?"

"I'm free In 3 moons, thatsound good?"

"Yeah... sounds great." I smiled.

I hugged him and kissed his cheek as a thank you before walking to my tribe.

I made a friend...