a good talk

As Hope closes her locker after her last class on Friday, she sighs heavily. Josie has been avoiding her since they left each other on Hope's porch on Monday night. Hope keeps replaying what happened that night over and over, and each time she feels even more stupid. She should have never confessed her crush to Josie. The brunette had to know already anyway, but saying it out loud clearly crossed some kind of line. Hope just wishes she could take it back.

Hope starts making her way down the hallways in the direction of the locker room to get changed into her cheerleading uniform. Her steps are slow and her head is down. She's been in a mood since she noticed Josie is avoiding her. Everyone around her noticed, even her mom and Elijah. At least she's leaving for her dad's place after the game. Hopefully that will lighten up her mood.

After entering the locker room, Hope greets her teammates with her best fake smile. If her smile drops when her eyes land on Lizzie, no one says a word about it. She gets changed quickly, and as soon as the whole team is ready, they head out.

Hope's eyes scan the bleachers as she's jogging out. Josie's nowhere to be seen, but Hope finds her parents, Camille and Elijah. The cheerleaders quickly get in place, and when the music starts, they start their routine.

They're almost done by the time Hope sees Josie. The brunette is on the far right of the bleachers with Caroline. The woman is wearing the colors of their team and cheering for them. Josie is simply watching her mother with a soft smile.

As soon as the music stops, Hope gives her instructions to the team before running to the bleachers. She climbs the stairs two steps at a time. Hope excuses herself as she passes in front of people, a bit embarrassed to cut their view as the game is starting. Hope makes eye contact with Caroline when she's getting close to where she and Josie are sitting. She sees the woman tell her daughter something before standing up and making her way down the bleachers, leaving an empty space next to Josie. Hope sits in the empty spot before Josie can see her.

"Excuse me, this-" Josie's eyes grow wide when they land on Hope. "Hope."

"You avoided me all week."

They have to speak loudly because of all the noise around them, which seems to make Josie uncomfortable.

The way they have to scream to be heard seems to make Josie uncomfortable as she looks around them to make sure no one is paying them any attention. When she does notice some pairs of eyes on them, the brunette nervously looks back at Hope.

"Let's talk somewhere else." Josie pleads with her friend.

"I can't." Hope shakes her head. "We're doing another routine during halftime."

Josie's face drops. "Another time, then?"

"No!" Hope snaps, frustrated. "You're just gonna avoid me again."

Josie avoids her eyes. "I won't. We could talk after halftime."

Hope clenches her jaw as she debates her options. She hates to make Josie uncomfortable, but she's scared she won't get the chance to speak to her again.

"Meet me in the parking lot after halftime." Hope says after she finally made up her mind.

Josie nods quickly. "I'll be there."

Hope looks down at the field where the cheerleaders are starting to get ready to perform again. "I should go back."

The Mikaelson girl pauses, waiting for any kind of answer from Josie. When there is none, she stands up and starts to leave. She doesn't make it very far before she hears Josie call out her name.