a dinner with Mikaelsons

Hope Mikaelson loves the first weekend of the month, because on this weekend she gets to have her mom and her dad at the same time. Hope's parents have been divorced since she was 7 years old. They told her they loved each other very much, but they were not in love anymore.

She didn't understand back then, but now she does. Klaus and Hayley don't look at each other with stars in their eyes.

No.

Klaus Mikaelson looks at his new girlfriend Camille with stars in his eyes. And, Hope is pretty sure Hayley Marshall always looked at her uncle Elijah with stars in her eyes.

So Hope learned to accept her family being this way. It's not typical, but it's hers. They all love each other, and in the end that's what matters.

That's why she's sitting at a table of the Mystic Grill on a Saturday night. The auburn haired girl looks to her right, seeing Klaus smile as he looks at Camille. Her dad is introducing his new girlfriend to them tonight, and Hope already likes her. The woman is sweet, and she makes her father smile. What more could she ask for?

Hope looks to her left after that, only to see her mom giggle like a teenager at something Elijah said. Even after almost 5 years of marriage, Hayley and Elijah are still stuck in the Honeymoon phase of their relationship, not that Hope is complaining though...

Seeing her parents happy and in love is great. She wishes she had something like that... She even knows exactly with who she'd like to have that. She'd like to have that with...

Josie Saltzman is walking into the Mystic Grill. Hope can't take her eyes away from the brunette who's been occupying her thoughts for weeks now. Josie is with her sister and a guy from the football team, Sebastian. The auburn haired girl sees the twins talk for a couple of seconds before Lizzie settles at a table with the boy, and Josie walks to another table.

Hope silently watches as her crush sits at a table alone. She looks sad... lonely even. The Saltzman girl soon gets a book out of her bag, and starts reading, never once looking around.

"Hope? Sweet heart, who captured your attention like that?" Hayley asks playfully.

The Mikaelson girl quickly turns back to look at her mother, her cheeks heating up. Everyone's eyes are on her, waiting for some kind of answer.

"It's just... a friend of mine." Hope says, her eyes slowly going back to Josie.

"The pretty girl sitting alone?" Klaus asks, following Hope's eyes straight to the brunette.

"Uh, yeah." The auburn haired girl looks at her father. "Do you mind if I go say hi?"

"Of course not!" Camille says with a smile. "If she's not waiting for anyone, you could ask her to join us."

Hope stands up, sharing a smile with the blonde woman. "I will, thank you."

As the cheerleader walks away from the table, her family starts whispering.

"Do you know who that girl is?" Klaus asks Hayley.

"Absolutely no clue!" Hope's mother replies, her eyes wide in confusion.

"One thing is sure... Our little Hope has a crush." Elijah says with his knowing smile.

After that, the adults all turn their eyes back to Hope. The auburn haired girl stops walking when she's standing in front of Josie's table. The brunette doesn't look up, she didn't notice her presence. Hope stands there for an awkwardly long time, wondering what to say and if she should even be there in the first place.