𝟓| 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐲

Hello butterflies,

Here is the next chapter. I'll update the next chapter when the target of this chapter will be completed.

Target: 300+ votes and 150+ comments.

Now read and enjoy ❤️‍🩹

"As soon as I left the café, I got into my car and drove away

"As soon as I left the café, I got into my car and drove away. I just needed to escape that place, her presence, and the flood of memories from our past.

Over the years, I've managed to avoid her despite living in the same city and having overlapping business interests. But all those efforts were in vain when I saw her again for the first time, unexpectedly, at a lunch arranged by my best friends.

I abruptly stopped my car and looked around, trying to place the unfamiliar location. It was serene, a stark contrast to the turmoil in my mind and heart, which were locked in a battle. My mind despised her, loathed her to the core, but my heart—oh, this foolish heart—no matter how many times she shattered it, it still fluttered at the sight of her after four long years.

But this time, I refuse to let my heart overpower my mind. The last time that happened, I was left broken. This time, I'll protect my heart at all costs, even if it means hurting her to safeguard it.

I placed my head on the steering wheel and took a sharp breath to calm myself down. No matter how much I try to deny it, she still has the same effect on me as she did four years ago. I hate this feeling of not being able to hate her.

FLASHBACK:

I placed my bag and books on the table, taking a seat in the corner of the library. I was careful not to make any noise, as the people in the library cherished their silence. I preferred silence too; there was nothing left in my life other than silence.

Opening the book in my hands, I adjusted my glasses and removed the bookmark before continuing to read.

Reading books has been my solace since I was ten, providing refuge from the haunting reality of my life. It calms me down when I'm angry or overwhelmed by emotions.

Right now, I'm furious, deeply so, with my parents and my circumstances. Despite always trying to fulfill their wishes, it seems nothing I do is sufficient for them. In their eyes, I'll forever be a disappointment, a failure, and even a murderer.

I was deeply engrossed in my book when the chair in front of me was dragged with a screeching sound, and someone occupied the seat. I felt annoyed by this mannerless interruption, but I didn't stop reading or bother to look up. However, the soft scent of jasmine invading my nostrils hinted that it was a girl.

"Another girl, another proposal," my cocky mind said, internally smirking.

For the past year, I've been studying here, and many girls have proposed to me. Yet, I didn't believe I was capable of loving someone, nor did I feel deserving of love. So, I've ignored all the proposals.