just a crush

"Your obsession with Josie Saltzman is making me uncomfortable Mikaelson."

Hope's head snaps to her right where her eyes lands on her best friend, Maya. She's not surprised to see the teasing smile on her lips and the daring look in her eyes. Hope rolls her eyes and looks away as she keeps stretching herself.

"I am not obsessed with Josie Saltzman." She says through gritted-teeth, making her friend chuckle.

"Oh right, I forgot..." Maya says before letting out a loud dreamy sigh. "You just 'like the way her smile makes you feel'." The brunette gives a light slap to Hope's arm, making the auburn haired girl look at her again. "Ask her out weirdo!"

This time Hope glares at her best friend. "Stop it Maya."

"You're being ridiculous." Maya says. "Everyone in this school would die to date you, well except me because I actually know how annoying you are."

Hope sighs loudly, trying to remain calm. "She's been here for two weeks. I can't ask her out when I never even had a conversation with her!"

Maya rolls her eyes. "Then talk to her."

"I can't just go over to her and talk to her." Hope protests.

Maya opens her mouth again, but then a voice cuts her off. "Everyone in place, practice is starting!"

Hope is quick to walk over to where the other girls are already gathered for the practice, Maya following her closely. As soon as they stop walking, the brown haired girl leans close to Hope's ear.

"This is not over Mikaelson. You'll talk to this girl before the end of the week."

***

Hope spends the remaining of her week avoiding every plan Maya sets to make her talk to Josie Saltzman. It proves to be hard to avoid Maya's plans, and stare at Josie at the same time.

She's not obsessed with the brunette though.

No, she only has a tiny little crush on her.

And that leads them to Wednesday. The day starts normally, except that her coach wants to see her before first class and she ends up late to said class. Thankfully, the woman gives her a late pass, but Hope still quickly heads to her class. So quickly in fact, that she ends up bumping into another student. The brunette girl she bumped into falls to the floor, and Hope's eyes quickly widen.

"I am so sorry." She blurts out as she kneels next to the girl.

A soft giggle escapes the brunette, and... it's Josie Saltzman.

"It's alright." Josie says before starting to gather her things that fell everywhere. "I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, so it's my fault."

For a couple of seconds, Hope doesn't move. She's totally frozen. Then, when it registers to her brain that she's watching her crush gather her things because she knocked her over, Hope quickly tries to help the brunette. The Mikaelson girl manages to pick a book and a pen from the floor before Josie's done with picking everything up.

The auburn haired girl lifts her head and meets Josie's soft brown eyes as she hands her her stuff. Her mind goes blank, and there's only one thing that comes to her mind.

"I'm Hope."

Josie takes her things with a little smile, before putting them in her bag. "I know."

The Mikaelson girl frowns. "You do?"

Josie's little smile grows a little bigger. "Hope Mikaelson, head cheerleader, class president and straight A student." The brunette stands up, quickly followed by Hope. "My sister didn't want to come here unprepared, and of course she had to share her knowledge with me."