Genin Sasuke Part 3

"You three sure know how to make a scene, or should that be four." Kakashi grinned behind his mask, and Sarada smiled perfectly innocently with a little halo on top of her head. She was back in the carrier strapped onto Sasuke. She did whine and made a bit of a fuss being separate from Sakura but after she cooed letting her know it was okay. Sarada happily listened to Mama.

"Sorry Kakashi-sensei it was my-"

"Ah, what did we say? Nothing is your fault, I won't have my students being harassed." The Jōnin lightly patted her head. Sakura let out a small smile appreciative, Kakashi was like a father figure to the three of them. He wouldn't tolerate anyone messing with his students.

"I'll have to brief the details to the Hokage though." At least to save any other future shinobi and kunoichi from dealing with the family.

"So that's it for today, right?" Did this mean they could finally go home now?

"My, my, aren't you in a hurry? But yes when we arrive back at Konoha you can all go home. I'll probably have another mission for you in three days, so be prepared." It seemed someone was eager to get some sleep, deny it as he will Kakashi could see taking care of Mayumi was taking a toll on him. Sasuke was only used to looking after himself for most years, looking after another, let alone a baby would be difficult for anyone.

"All right, now we can spend time with Mayumi-Chan!" Naruto cheered, fist pumping in the air. A bit too loudly startling all four of them.

"What?" Sasuke glared at Naruto, he was joking, right?

"Come on, you can't hog her all to yourself. I want to spend some time with her too you know."

"She's not a toy! And I need to put her to sleep, she needs more rest than us."

"Then she can sleep on the way home," Naruto said as if it was a matter of fact like the answer was so obvious. That idiot.

"I would like to spend time with her too Sasuke-Kun." Sakura peered around him smiling at Sarada. She happily baby babbled reaching towards the young kunoichi. Sasuke gave a tsk annoyed again at how easily persuaded she was.

"Besides, she's your family, right? That makes her our family too, we're a team now. Right, Mayumi." Naruto also cooed kneeling down to face Sarada and once again she happily replied with baby sounds. As if understanding and agreeing.

The three of them on the other hand stiffened, although he and Sakura were told about Mayumi, she knew there was less of a chance of her being related to Sasuke. Something Sasuke was still in denial of. Naruto seemed to think otherwise with how alike they are.

"I don't need anyone's help looking after Mayumi, she's my responsibility No one else's, understand?"

This was the least he could do, right? After being so weak on not being able to save his parents, his family, and the clan. He could protect Mayumi away from harm.

"Sasuke-Kun..." Sakura could see the guilt in his eyes. How vulnerable he was despite trying to glare and make Naruto back down. She could feel the tension, and wouldn't be surprised if Mayumi could too, it was no wonder he had been overprotective of her earlier.

However, then Naruto started... laughing? Or rather trying not to. What?

"Pfft-" Naruto couldn't contain himself.

"What's so funny?"

"Hehe, nothing but didn't you say Mayumi wasn't her real name?" It took a while for it to click and again he glared at the blonde more annoyed. That's what he got out of this?

"Think what you like." Sasuke turned around about to walk ahead in front of them.

Sarada didn't really understand what was going on as she wasn't paying much attention, just turning her head from one person to the other as they spoke until they went up to her asking questions which she happily answered. Of course, she wanted to spend more time with Mama and the 'idiot' her Papa kept referring to him as.