Genin Sasuke: Part 1

Sasuke watched as his little daughter was sucking on one of her toys. Naruto, Kakashi and everybody probably went overboard with all the gifts because now she had so many which they had no idea what to do with.

"Sarada, don't put it in your mouth." He pulled her hand down and in response, she smiled clapping her hands and giggling. Who would have thought he would be a father to such a sweet innocent girl? Sasuke would do his best to protect her with his life but one thing which haunts him is if she'll suffer due to his past actions.

Both she and Sakura. Sure his wife tries to reassure him that everything would be fine but not everyone was as forgiving as she and Naruto.

Sasuke then took Sarada's favourite rattle and began shaking it, her eyes gleamed and she put the toy down watching what he was doing.

"See?" She stared at it for a bit reaching out and taking it. Just as Sasuke thought she knew what she was doing when Sarada shook it, she began suckling on the rattle instead. A big grin on her face.

He sighed, ruffling her hair. She'll grow out of it.

Sakura was sleeping on the sofa, he wanted to give her a break so offered to look after Sarada for the day. It should be a simple task but it didn't help when she would sometimes go crawling over to her Mama wanting attention.

"Sarada," Sasuke made sure to keep quiet but also stern so Sarada knew not to disturb Sakura. The girl was standing, holding onto the sofa for support.

"Mama's sleeping, she needs her rest."

Sarada looked up to where her Mama was and back at Sasuke. The sofa was really big so without help, she wouldn't be able to reach her.

Uh oh, her lips were trembling. She really wanted her Mama. He began to panic and looked around the room hoping for some idea. Spotting his cloak which Sarada seemed to love so much for some reason.

He took it off the table and put it on top of his head so it was almost like a tent.

"Sarada look," Sasuke cooed trying to encourage his daughter to crawl over to him.

She stopped pouting, eyes bright and carefully plopped herself down so she could crawl over and sit on Sasuke's lap. His cloak was comforting, she took hold of an empty sleeve and began putting it in her mouth.

But wasn't very tasty.

"Sarada, not again," he took and gently pried the sleeve off her but Sarada was determined and kept taking it back. It was almost like a little tug of war but seeing as she was so small he had to be careful not to be too rough. The girl finally got tired of playing and yawned lightly toppling over his lap making herself comfortable.

Her big eyes looked at him, little hands in the air as she spoke.

"Ah aah."

"Are you trying to say, Papa?" He let out a soft smile letting her hold on to his fingers.

"Ah... aaah." Nothing but baby sounds came out of her mouth but she was trying.

As expected of our daughter. After all, both he and Sakura were stubborn so it was natural for her to be too and wanting to get it right.

Sarada yawned again and was asleep in no time.

When she opened her eyes, she noticed she was leaning on her Papa's shoulders. Since Sasuke knew Sarada would want to feed when she woke up, he carefully picked up his daughter so as not to disturb her and prepped her food.

But usually, feeding time was spending quality time with Mama so the girl made a fuss trying to get out of his grasp.

"There there Sarada, look I have your food." Sarada made a pouting face and looked over his shoulder to where she could see Sakura trying to reach out.