𝟎𝟏𝟕 i bring all the drama, with my girls in the back.

to say matthew wanted to flee from the scene was an understatement, the humiliation and regret that filled his mind made him cower more.

he knew kyujin was about to call him out in front of all these people and there was no way anyone could stop her. even if her dead mother rose, she would still decide to lash out at him. and that was alot considering it was the reason matthew was fed up of her.

matthew had the faintest idea of the fact that he was an asshole or that what he did, cheating and all was karmic evil. but he didn't care, until just the very moment because right now? his whole life flashed before his eyes.

people kept whispering among themselves as their fingers pointed at him subtly, the same people who just some months ago had claimed that kyujin was this and that. these people possessed no right to belittle him because when you yourself aren't a saint, it's hypocrisy to correct a wrong person. not that matthew accepted that he was wrong because technically he did what he wanted to do, what gave him joy and thrill in life ─

his internal monolog shun the second his eyes made a contact with hers. kyujin's eyes seemed sparkling and bejeweled with a gleam unlike the dull ones when they had dated. a realization passed through matthew, this was what he failed to protect. the thought made him shut his eyes, his head starting to ache. nope, he was in no way going to feel guilty.

"so?", kyujin had a face that everyone would want or be able to see everyday but what made matthew think that right now? he didn't want to admit. the night with sunbi was an eye-opener. something he wanted to forget and live as if the past few months didn't happen. but universe seemed against him, the party matthew so wanted to avoid just happened to be his redemption arc, great perfectly great.

kyujin scrunched her nose as matthew stood in front of her either speechless or pondering inside his dumb head. either way matthew was caught in the mouse trap and kyujin was going to make sure that after today no other girl gets used by him.

he opens his mouth to say something but reina beats him to it, a crisp noise surrounding. my jaw hanged open, matthew held his red cheek his eyes wide open.

reina had just slapped this bitch.

"hey let's leave, love", taerae appeared from behind her shadow, caging the fuming reina in his arms as he passed a nod towards me. with them gone, the crowd explodes into harsh whispers.

"omg", jiyong and yunjin gasp while jiwon helps sunbi to get on her feet, a scowl forming on her face.

"you, kyujin, it's all your fault!", jiwon screamed as she dashed towards me but before she could put her hands on kyujin, she was harshly pushed back.

jiyong scoffed as sunbi held jiwon from falling on the floor. fucking pick mes'

jiyong, yunjin, hao and hanbin had formed a protective circle around kyujin all the while matthew stood his heart and mind racing to all thoughts of the what ifs. he was upset and confused because if he did do whatever he wanted to, why was he not proudly and happily standing up against them?

"huh, of course you can't fight alone you shithead, you need your bodyguards.", jiwon nitpicked.

everyone was looking now and no one was ashamed to at least pretend to not see anything.

kyujin wasn't furious nor was she as angry as she thought she would've been on seeing or confronting them. she remembered her mother's words, 'if you waste your energy explaining righteous behavior to a wild snake, of course they'll just bite you back.' kyujin looked to her side, hanbin still had their fingers intervened and he passed a assuring smile at her. his face clearly expressing that he had her back no matter what.

she thought if they weren't at this party she would have burst into tears, she had finally found her people, ones who stood by her.

she bit back on her emotional breakdown, a smirk forming on her face as she confidently walked forward. jiwon flattered, her eyes twitching.

"jiwon i'll let you off this once because you clearly have no understanding of the meaning of friendship but next time you try to defend yourself try not to ridicule others just because you don't know how to not make mistakes. you wanted matthew so you managed to convince him to cheat on me and because he was also such an asshole he must have loved it. but you don't realise that you picked out trash for me. so yes, i'll thank you for that. and you, sunbi, i thought of you much better than this.", kyujin cackled, shaking her head in disbelief. she felt as if a huge burden had been took off her chest. everyone realised that she was never that bitch. yunjin put her arms around her shoulder patting her in a sweet rhythm.

she sighed turning to look at matthew. she didn't know what to say to him. she did infact like him at some point in the past and today, she didn't know why he seemed so pitiful. she knew given his family, he had never learned to respect women. but he had falled down from his high this time, he couldn't even match her eye contact.

she realised he felt guilty.

"matthew i hope you'll change", she whispered, surprising him with a flash of her bright smile. matthew was beyond frustrated. it wasn't supposed to end this way.

kyujin was supposed to scream at him, get angry, hit him, be a crazy wench, not this! not calm, not soft, not as if she didn't care no more. god.

now what. what's the point of crying over split milk?

kyujin had left, with her friends and him. sung hanbin, the only person who had trusted him so much, and matthew broke his trust too. spewing out his business and secrets to his father when he knew hanbin would be hurt.

the fuck.

he held his head, making his way out. he stopped momentarily, jiyong stood on the porch.

"hey", matthew called out to her. their parents were very close friends, resulting in them becoming friends too but then she moved away to america.

she had a frown on her face. after returning from america matthew was so distant and different that she was too upset for him.

she pushed his chest. "i hope that reina's slap put some intelligence in your empty brain. you k now you are better than this", jiyong sighed, pulling out a sheet of paper from her pocket.

"kyujin wanted me to give this to you, go home, freshen up and then read it", matthew nodded.

he was about to walk away when jiyong said something that made his heart stop.

"do you regret it?"

uhm

matthew? any thoughts?