four

Jeanne's POV:

"Did you maybe want to go and get something to eat with me?" He asked, he looked between my eyes studying my face. I looked back at him he had beautiful blue eyes, a pretty as fuck hair cut, and the best nose.

I already had my bags with me and everything that I needed. I could slip into the bathroom and change out of my work uniform. I was tired before but now I didn't know what I was feeling.

I was still looking at him, his hair was covered by his black Nike hoodie.
"That'd be nice I said", I was hesitant I felt like this could go very wrong at the snap of someone's fingers. "But I need to go change my uniform, give me two seconds" I said he smiled a tight smile and nodded his head. Before I slipped away I noticed he looked tired, I was still trying to prove if my suspicions about him were correct.

Was he really that famous soccer player?

Whilst I was changing my thoughts were running wild.

Is he just trying to get a quick fuck out of me?

Surely he already had a girlfriend?

If he's as tired as he looks, why bother to help me out on the plane?

As I walked back I found him in the same spot, playing some no wifi game on his phone.
"What are you playing" I asked with a smile. I'd changed into a black shirt and some shorts. He looked back at me and chuckled,
"Just subway surfers" he looked around for a few seconds, "it was getting boring".

We walked next to each other in a comfortable silence all the way to a small cafe that wasn't too busy. We both ordered a coffee, he'd eaten but I hadn't so I ordered and a scone.

We started chatting about our lives. He asked about how long I'd been at emirates, I told him I'd been with them for a few years. I then asked him what he did for work.

"Im a football player", he replied taking a sip from his coffee. The crowd around us had started to pick up a bit. "I just finished my fourth season with Melbourne City" I looked at him with surprise, "You played for Melbourne City?" I asked him genuinely, "I can't believe I didn't recognise you, my dad and I are the biggest city fans"

He laughed at that. I watched as he smiled showing his teeth and his lips turned up to make out small dimples at the sides. God was this guy out of my league.

I was kind of embarrassed that I didn't recognise him as soon as I saw him on the plane. When I wasn't working in and out of Dubai, my Dad would take me to every Melbourne City home match there was. Men's and women's. We were both giant football fans. And I guess I had slowly had to give it up as I did so much flying.

"What are you doing so far from home?" I asked him, Dubai was by a long way not Melbourne and last time I checked Melbourne City weren't coming to Dubai in a hurry.

"Well", he took a breath in like he was holding back something. "I've actually just signed at Real Madrid for a couple seasons." He smiled at the end and I smiled back.
"Madrids a big jump from Melb City, that's insane that you even managed that" I laughed I was shocked. I'd been put in dancing as a kid but my younger brother was put in soccer, he wasn't the best at it to say the least but it really helped me differentiate between good and bad players. And even in the A-League competition, the players were good but normally never got anywhere near competing in Europe, especially the men.
"Congratulations", I said picking up my cup and clinking glasses with him. We laughed together.

I asked him some more questions about football, which he happily answered. Every now and then he'd look up, and look around. I didn't know why at first but after I asked him he told me he was worried about paparazzi.

As I was finishing my scone, I smothered the last bit in the jam that the cafe had served it with, and ate it. I looked up and Connor grinned at my with a cheeky smile. I looked back at him confused.
"You've got some jam on your cheek" he smiled. I gave a slight giggle and picked up the napkin, trying to wipe off the jam without ruining my makeup.
He smiled and shakes his head again, if obviously not gotten rid of all of it.
"May I?" He asked, I nodded. He lent over the table, my breathing hitched a bit and my heart rate fastened as his face came closer to mine. He used his thumb to wipe the jam off my cheek, before looking back down at my lips then my eyes and moved back to his seat.

I must of started blushing hard, because when he sat back down he asked my if I was okay, to which I replied with a quick yes then chugged my glass of water. We had both finished and I needed to get going, back to my apartment. As we left the cafe he turned around as told me he had a nice time. And that he'd like to see me again, which I agreed to and gave him my number.

God I wanted more of him.

As we were leaving he bent down and kissed my softly on the cheek. Before turning the opposite direction and vanishing into the crowd.

I had no idea weather or not I'd ever speak to him again, but I got the feeling he liked me just as much, if not more than I did.

By the time I got back to my apartment, it was around 7am and my roommate Emma was home making breakfast in the kitchen.

"Girl where were you?" She asked, I hadn't been this late home for a while now, and if I was it was usually because a plane got delayed, not because a pro footballer asked me on a date.

"Oh my gosh I have so much to tell you" I sighed as I put down my bags and took off my shoes.