Our Hearts Collide

Moving out. It's that thing every kid looks forward to eventually as they get older. They want to explore the life of being on their own, they want to have their own place, they want to do whatever they want without curfews... they wanna meet someone and settle down.

These are things GF wanted. But as a daughter of highly strict parents, this was no easy task. They wouldn't let their "baby girl" go anywhere, despite being the age to do so. The things that happens with strict parents is you never really get the opportunity to go out and do anything. Hell, GF was a freshman in college and she didn't have a license nor car yet.

"You can't force me to stay here any longer!" GF yelled as she slammed her suitcase shut.

"As your father and legal guardian, I am within EVERY right to tell you what to do," Daddy Dearest growled.

"I'm nineteen! I can make my own decisions. You don't have the authority to boss me around anymore," GF scoffed.

"Yes you do. You must obey your parents," Mommy Mearest spoke.

"I do not care. I am ready to move out on my own. I don't care what you guys try to tell me. I'm doing what I want!" GF yelled.

"And where are you going to live?" Daddy asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"I'll figure it out. Rent a cheap apartment for all I care. Just to get away from here!" GF growled.

"Alright. If you actually think you can survive out there, be my guest," Daddy Dearest retorted, thinking deep in his mind GF would come running home.

"Fine by me," GF spoke.

After the heated argument ended, GF knew her parents did have a point at the end there. Where was she going to live? Yeah a cheap apartment would be nice. But wouldn't even that be expensive to a degree? She profited off her father's success sure, but she wanted to pay for stuff in her own way.

Later that night, GF was scrolling on her phone for available listings. These were people offering their house for a roommate. Honestly, GF would take anything she could.

But to be fair, none of these houses suited her. Like as in, they were too far from her college. And they didn't look satisfying at all. She was actually thinking she would have to apologize to her parents and keep this life up.

She was just about to give up, when she saw a listing that was perfect. The house was really nice looking, and it was literally only 3 minutes from the college. She was overjoyed to see the listing was still open.

"This is gonna be perfect!" GF smiled as she looked at the listing.

She copied the phone number into her dial and called the homeowner.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end asked, clearly a boy.

"Uh, hi there. I just happened to see your listing on this website and was wondering if I could possibly take a look?" GF asked.

"That'd be great. Any particular time you want to do it?" the boy asked.

"Hmm, how about tomorrow evening?" GF asked.

"Sounds good. That's near time I get out of class," the boy smiled.

"Me too..." she said softly.

"Well, it sounds like a done deal. I'll see you then," the voice spoke.

"Alright. Thank you..." she said.

As she ended the call, she sat their blank for a second. And then a huge smile appeared on her face as she squealed and started bouncing on her bed.