Chapter 21

A knock on the door of Nathan's apartment made his eyes snap open and he jerked upward from the couch with a startling gasp. He had fallen asleep again. This was what, three times today? Why didn't Ira wake him up? His eyes wandered toward the bathroom door where the sound of water drizzled, lowly—almost barely there, and he realized she must've been taking a shower. His Ma was probably in the kitchen; he could smell her making roti from a mile away. Another knock appeared, harder and meaner this time. "I'm coming," he grumbled as he stood up with swaying feet while massaging his temples with his eyes half open. Who would it be? It was already 8:15 p.m. Perhaps Ira had ordered dinner? But his Ma was already cooking.

He didn't think, he didn't expect anything bad to happen; however, just when he opened the front door, maybe an inch or two, at lightning speed it was pushed open with a frightening force, as if an intruder was forcing their way inside. And before Nathan could react, a hand reached out like a striking viper and snatched him by the throat in a vice-like grip and stole his breath away.

"You couldn't listen to one fucking thing I asked you to do?"

Logan. What was he doing there?

Nathan's eyes doubled whilst he struggled in the younger man's punishing grasp. Logan looked engaged—absolutely feral, his eyes dark and dangerous as he stepped a foot into the apartment, forcing Nathan to follow, taking two steps backward.

"You're always fucking with my head, Nathan. I think you deserved to be punished for good this time."

"What are you—" Nathan gasped, unable to get his words out.

He yanked and scratched at Logan's hands, trying to pry them off. The younger man wouldn't budge though, he was as strong as steel and as angry as a feral bear. Nathan couldn't believe what was happening. Was Logan trying to kill him? Did he do something? Suddenly the seconds felt longer than usual as tears welled into his eyes, and he realized, as his legs trembled and lungs burned, that if he didn't do something fast he would die. As a last resolution he jerked his knee forward, striking the younger man near the groin area. Instantly Logan let go with a groan and staggered backward, allowing Nathan to gulp fresh air.

"You dare hit me?!" Logan hissed in disbelief when he recovered.

Nathan narrowed his eyes and backed up further into the room when Logan stepped up to him with the same heat in his eyes. "What did I do to you?" he questioned, frightened and confused. "Why are you here? My wife is home—and so is my Ma. You can't be here."

A wicked smile flashed on Logan's face despite the sudden tears shining through his eyes after he stopped mere inches away from Nathan. "You think I care about them?" He bit out, angry despite the crack in his voice. "I should show them about what kind of slut you are—how much you love taking it up your ass!"

The video.

Nathan's eyes doubled. "No—You promised."

"Nathan?" Anika's old concerned voice called from the kitchen. "Is everything alright, dear?"

The older man's heart spiked at the sound of his mother's voice, his face paled as his eyes reached Logan's, pleading with him to not cause a scene before he answered, "It's—It's nothing Ma."

Logan stood like a statue despite his fingers trembling from his sides; his figure tense and unmoving. His eyes, deep pools of darkness, bore into Nathan with an intensity that sent a shiver down the latter's spine. Nathan remembered that scorned look; it was like Logan despised him all over again. His heart ached at the thought, though he had no time to ponder on his emotions. Right now he needed answers to Logan's outrageous outburst.