One - Maneater

I've never been one for love, but if I were I have always had a slight inkling that my desire for devotion would lead me into the arms of one man.

Spiderman.

It's a tricky affair, what goes on between him and I. He runs back to MJ and I just, well, run. I run this town, run a clan of crooks like they're my class and I'm their teacher. Plus, I've never been scared to just up and relocate at any slight inconvenience. Which is why I am currently torn between my head and my...collarbones. The Victoria and Albert museum has just unveiled their newest addition, giving you a better idea as to why I have been staring at my computer so long that I fear my eyes would go square if I hadn't donned a pair of diamond encrusted, cat eyed, blue light glasses especially for the occasion. They're calling it The Heart Stone, and for more reasons than just its pretty shape. I want it, I know I do, but I'm hesitant. I am more than able to swipe that thing and leave no trace, but it very well might be the one thing in the world that is too powerful for me to keep in my possession once all is said and done.

"Sure is nice looking, Boss."

Bruno towers over me, even when I'm in six inch heels, but that doesn't mean I'm smaller than him. He'll do what I say when I say, which is why I have the overwhelming urge right now to tell him to keep it zipped. The last thing I need is encouragement.

"It would be a big risk."

"Nothing you haven't done before."

I feel the weight of his shrug from behind me.

"If you weren't at least thinking about it, that monitor would be black as night. Might as well strike whilst the irons hot."

Boris says from somewhere further away than Bruno, but not as far enough as I'd like him to be right now, which would preferably be the other side of the world.

I bat him away with my manicured hand and reach for my jacket, Boris rubs his hand together like a dodgy dealer about to make a sale.

"Now we're talking!"

"It's not what you think it is."

I let my eyes fall to slits and point at him with one of my claws. I swipe my jacket with my open hand and let the door slam behind me.