Chapter 5: A strange dream and a strange man

As we walked back home, Fugaku carrying both me and Itachi, I couldn't shake off the feeling of anger and frustration.

The incident with the kid in the village left a sour taste in my mouth.

How could people judge others so easily without even attempting to understand them?

Fugaku didn't say anything the whole time as he brought us back. Though I could tell he was thinking about what to say.

When we returned, I could tell that he told my mom and Mikoto about what had happened.

Knowing his genius self, he could tell I used chakra on the stupid little kid.

When we got home, my mother and my father looked worried about me, though they didn't outwardly say it.

"Yukari, are you okay?"

I nodded, looking down and biting the inside of my cheek. I felt guilty like I was being eaten from the inside.

I couldn't believe I actually had a fight with a kid... and I even accidentally used my chakra on him.

"Yukari... I understand that you wanted to protect Itachi and Fugaku... but you.. well."

My father smiled softly.

"Please be more careful next time to control your emotions."

I nodded, though I could still feel the guilt building inside me.

The next morning, I spent the whole evening meditating. I had to do this to keep myself from reverting to a child.

Next thing I knew, I was in a deep meditative state, but such a state made me fall asleep... I think.

...

...

...

"Why is a little brat here?"

A deep voice stirred me awake as I found myself in a large room that seemed to have no end to it.

It was all... yellow. A pretty light yellow, like sunflowers.

A giant boulder was in the middle, while a fox with nine tails was impaled into it, as if it was sealed up.

This—this had to be Kurama!

My eyes lit up instantly, and I ran over as fast as possible. He was huge, much bigger than portrayed in the anime.

"Kurama! Foxie!"

I giggled happily as he looked down at me with cautious eyes. He snarled, pulling his lips back into a grimace.

Though my cheerful greeting seemed to confuse him a bit.

After all, even if this was in my dreams, it was still amazing to see Kurama!

My favorite animal was a fox, and that stayed true for this life. A giant, fluffy fox with nine tails was a dream come true! Despite his violent personality.

"Little human, what brings you here?"

His voice radiated out.

I didn't understand what he meant. This was my dream, right?

"How are you in Kushina's consciousness?"

I paused for a moment. I was in my mom's consciousness? How could that happen?

I brushed it off, thinking it must be some weird dream or something.

"Big fox! Cute fox!" I hummed as I got closer, though every step felt like I was getting further and further away from him. It was trippy...