I, Monster: Part 1

Alyssa's POV:

Today, Splinter stands at the opposite side of the dojo, awaiting our 'surprise' attacks. The turtles and I huddle together to create a foolproof plan.

Leo: "Ok, here's the plan. Donnie, you're gonna strike first."

Donnie: "Wait. You want me to come at Splinter? I'll get pummeled."

Raph: "Well, getting pummeled is your specialty."

Leo: "Trust me. It's all part of my plan to catch Splinter off-guard."

Mikey: "Uh, Leo, don't take this the wrong way, but against Splinter, your plans always get our butts whipped."

Leo: "Ok, new thought. Mikey, you attack."

Mikey: "He took it the wrong way."

Raph: "Enough talk. Let's do this."

Mikey leaps forward to kick Splinter in midair, but Splinter grabs him and flings him to the other side of the room. Leo and Donnie lunge toward Splinter, but he dodges them and does the same when Leo strikes. He grabs Leo and Donnie's feet and flings them into Raph and me. Leo hits Splinter in the face but hesitates rather than deliver the final blow.

Leo: "Ah! Sensei, I'm sorry. I-"

Using Leo's hesitation, Splinter grabs his arm and flips him onto the ground.

Donnie: "Oh, man. Leo's a goner."

Mikey: "Oh, no-die, do-die."

Rather than deliver any further blows, Splinter releases Leo from his grip.

Splinter: "Well done, Leonardo. But, just when you had the advantage, you hesitated, and that made you vulnerable."

Leo: "Hai, Sensei."

Splinter: "Now, that is all for today. Unless you care for a rematch."

Donnie: "No thanks."

Mikey: "I'm good."

Raph: "Yeah, I think we're all set here."

Splinter nods and enters his room as we rush toward Leo with impressed smiles.

Mikey: "Leo!"

Raph: "Not bad."

Donnie: "Dude, I can't believe you actually took down Sensei. That was epic."

Me: "Nicely done, Valiente."

Mikey picks up the hand that Leo hit Splinter with.

Mikey: "The hand that punched Splinter. You know you can never wash this again."

Leo: "I gotta say, guys, it was all teamwork. We are definitely getting better."

Donnie: "Think we might be catching up to Splinter?"

Mikey: "Yeah, maybe soon, we won't need him to train us at all."

{Time skip}

We're all off doing our own thing when Splinter yells out in pain from the dojo. We all rush to his aid and help him up as he's fallen over to the ground.