인생의 작은 반짝서 - Chapter 2

"Thank you for today, senior," Taeyoung thanked Jihye, as she just nodded quietly.

"No need to thank me," she replied, with a small smile on her face.

"Happiness looks good on you," he compliments as she smiles even wider, just for him.

It felt so emotional, she was thankful. Nobody had ever said that to her.

"You're the first one to say that about me."

"Really? I'm honoured."

They both laughed loudly with happiness.

Well, at least one of them did.

No, none of them did.

Laughter can't fill the emotions of void. Laughter can only feel like a temporary medicine. It's like when someone is sick, medications don't cure the sickness right away. Just like laughter. If you've been hurt for 5 years, it'll take double the time to heal.

It hurts.

"I'm near my home now, I'll get going," Taeyoung told Jihye, as she turned to him.

"Get home safely, then," Jihye said to him as he nodded and ran away.

"Goodnight!" he yelled, running away with a smile while waving.

She sighed.

"You can't even tell this kid is hurt on the inside," She thought,

"Is that how the world views me?"

She then walked away, slowly with each step being heavier than the previous one.

She never knew he, the smart and positive on the outside Kang Taeyoung, could be hurting and suffering on the inside.

Stepping into his room, he opened a cabinet under is white, clean desk. He took out his diary, where all his emotions were filled into. It felt like his diary understood him more than himself.

His diary could express feelings more than he could.

He put on his headphones, and took out a mechanical pencil, starting to fill out the blank pages.

"December 12th, 2022.

I met a girl today on the balcony of the university while listening to music. I didn't expect someone to also come up on the balcony late at night, it seems like classes end later for the seniors. We met naturally and somehow, I feel more comfortable with her than the people I've known since I was in highschool. Her name is Son Jihye, my senior! She's smart, and must be extremely happy. I wish I was like her. Sometimes, I wish I could smile, feeling the real feelings of happiness and freedom. But? I'm stuck in this world where it seems like nothing goes right for me. I'm happy I met her today, and I'm happy she appeared in my life."

He stopped writing for a bit, then continued, even after hesitating for a solid 5 minutes.

"I hope she's not like the other people."

Taeyoung then put his diary back into his cabinet, taking off his headphones, and looking at his phone.

Suddenly, screams reached his ears. He opened the door, seeing the sight of his mother and his father physically fighting. Tears started to swell up in his widened eyes. Soon grabbing his bag and running out of his bedroom, hoping to leave and not get involved.

"You," his father shouted, pointing his index finger at Taeyoung. He turned around in fear.

"Where do you think you're going, young man?"

He gulped.

His dad began to scream again.

"Don't think I don't know that you've seen a woman at your university today."

"What?"