Chapter 14 - Event of A Lifetime

Lee Romano: So we meet again... klutz girl.

Me: Indeed... bad mannerisms boy.

He held out his hand to me and I stared at him.

Me: What in the world is this all about Lee Romano?

Lee Romano: Are you this annoying?

Me: And are you this rude?

I scoffed at him. The nerve he has to hold his hand out!

Me: I have never even met you until tonight, and yet you want us to what? Hold hands? We are not 5 year olds sir! Reconciling with someone doesn't mean shaking it off with holding hands! 

Lee Romano: I guess patience and understanding are not part of your traits.

The nerve?!

Me: For your information Lee Romano, I am a very patient and understanding person... you were just unfortunate to fall on my other, dark side tonight. Don't push it!

Expecting another response from him, he came up to me and took my hand.

Me: Lee Romano! What do you think you are doing?! You know I can call the police on you!

Lee Romano: Oh really?

He meets his gaze with mine and holds my chin.

Am I supposed to be flattered by his charm at this rate? Surely not making my heart burn...

Lee Romano: And please tell me Liana Rodriguez, who is going to believe you?

I pondered over his words. 

No one is going to believe me, that's for sure. I will be labeled as a desperate woman seeking the rich kid's attention. #Attention seeker. 

I would HATE my name to be dragged into the news like that...

I sternly looked at him.

Me: ...No one.

Lee Romano: Glad you know.

Me: But that doesn't mean you can boss me around. Look, you may have power and control over this country, but you don't have control over me. Oh wait, while we are still at it Romano, could you please tell me why you are holding my hand? Aren't you not supposed to be looking for your "fiancee?"

Lee looked at me, annoyed by my words.

Lee Romano: Guess I could do worse than this...

Me: What is that supposed to mean?

Lee Romano: Look. Fewer questions, more action. Okay?

Me: Ha - and more questions, more action. Okay?

Lee Romano: And does that matter right now?

Me: Um, yeah. I am about to go on stage with a man I know nothing about. Don't you think I deserve some explanation first before we move forward?

Lee Romano: Look, you will get your answers when the time is right.

Me: And isn't the time right now?

Lee Romano: Keep silent and just follow orders, okay?

Me: Tell me your reason for wanting me and maybe I will follow orders, how about that?

Lee Romano and I glared at each other, refusing to break eye contact.

Lee Romano: Liana, listen. I am only going to repeat myself once more. You will get the answers to all your nonsensical questions when the time is right, and secondly, I need you to just follow along.