Chapter 35

THIS IS NOT THEM COMPLETING THE MATING BOND.

Warning: Blowjobs and fully completed sex.

Euodia:

As we pull up in front of the Townhouse, I fling open the door, doing my best to ignore Azriel lingering behind me. I can practically feel his amusement reverberating through our bond, but I'm in no mood for his teasing. After hours of gruelling discussions on politics and magic, I'm not in the mood for his playful banter.

The shadows slither around my feet, deftly unlacing my boots. Stepping out of them, I watch as the shadows obediently place them neatly by Azriel's side. I stride into the kitchen, feeling his presence trailing behind me like a shadow. He hovers near me as I reach for a glass, and I can sense his eagerness to engage in conversation.

"Not a word," I snap, my irritation simmering beneath the surface as I set the glass down on the counter.

"I'm sorry," he says, his voice soft and contrite as he moves closer to me, his arms folding across his chest.

"For what?" I retort, my tone laced with frustration as I wait to see if he'll recognize why I've been shutting him out of our bond for hours. It's childish, I know, but I can't help but hope that he'll realise his mistakes without me having to spell them out. Great communication skills, Euodia.

"For focusing on Gwyneth instead of introducing you directly to her," he continues, his voice filled with regret. Oh, so he knows. The jealous monster still paces back and forth in my stomach, the memory lingering like a bitter taste. Damn this mating bond and its intensity.

"Hmm," I respond curtly, unable to hide the flicker of hurt in my eyes as I turn to leave the kitchen. But his hand around my wrist stops me in my tracks. Before I can protest, he twirls me around, so I land against him, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through me. Damn it, he's smooth.

"I want your eyes on me, so you know I mean it," he says softly, tipping my chin up to meet his gaze. I find myself momentarily lost in the depths of his eyes, his forgiveness washing over me like a soothing balm.

"I ignored your presence for an ex's, I did not regard how you might have felt at that moment... I'm sorry, little shadow, " he murmurs, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to the crown of my head. Despite my lingering jealousy, his tenderness melts away my anger, leaving only a sense of warmth and acceptance in its wake.

"Sorry for the possessiveness," I offer, extending an olive branch after hours of ignoring his subtle gestures and the shadows he sent across the table to tug at my hands.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for someone to claim me like that." His admission hangs in the air, vulnerable and raw. It makes me want to cling to him with claws. It makes me want him to bring him into the growing darkness inside of me.

"It was hot," he continues, a genuine grin spreading across his face. His laughter is infectious, drawing me in despite my attempts to maintain my composure. I playfully pinch his waist, but his arms around me hold firm, like iron bands.

Instead of letting me retreat, he leans in close, his breath warm against my ear. "Say it again," he whispers, the sensation sending shivers down my spine. Before I can respond, he nips at the top of my ear, a playful gesture that sets my nerves ablaze.

"Huh?" I manage to choke out, my thoughts scattered as his lips trail kisses down the curve of my neck. Each touch ignites a fire within me, sending waves of pleasure coursing through my body. I can feel my knees growing weak, my pulse quickening with every gentle caress.

His kisses are soft yet fervent, leaving a trail of warmth in their wake. As he presses his lips against my skin, I feel a rush of heat pooling in the pit of my stomach, a longing stirring deep within me. It's as if every nerve in my body is alight with anticipation, yearning for more of his touch.