•Chapter 1•

As Whistlepaw emerged from the apprentices den, she couldn't help but let out a big yawn. The sun beamed down on her back and she felt nice and warm.

She moved aside, stretching herself out in the morning sun. Then, she flopped down, basking in the sun "Good morning Whistlepaw!" Stormfall greeted her from across camp "Morning Stormfall!"

As she continued to enjoy the morning, she heard the voices of her fellow apprentices inside the den. Whistlepaw's ears perked up as she heard someone exit the den. Looking up, she moved her tail aside so they could have some room.

Whistlepaw's sister, Onepaw, had exited the den "Morning Onepaw," Whistlepaw greeted her sister "Good morning Whistlepaw. Enjoying the weather already?" Onepaw purred, plopping down next to her littermate.

"You bet. This is the perfect weather to start my morning off," Whistlepaw responded, licking her sister's ears "If you hadn't been so mouse-brained, maybe this wouldn't have happened!" A voice snarled from inside the den.

Both littermates let out a sigh as they knew exactly who that was. Frogpaw stormed out of the den, her hairless tail lashing behind her. Well, I guess not everything can be perfect for everyone. Whistlepaw thought.

"What happened this time?" Onepaw asked with an annoyed sigh. Blackpaw and Snakepaw poked their heads out from the den, their eyes wide and annoyed "Apparently, Snakepaw ruined her nest." Blackpaw meowed.

"Again?" Onepaw sighed, sitting up "Yup, and she's been complaining about it for 4 days already," Blackpaw responded. Snakepaw sat down next to Onepaw, leaning against her "I didn't mean to."

"I know you didn't, Snakepaw, she's just an aggravating pain in the tail," Onepaw murmured, gently licking Snakepaw's head "I'll go speak to her." Whistlepaw offered, getting up and stretching.

"You sure? She might lash out at you," Blackpaw warned her. Whistlepaw turned to the tom "Please, I'll be able to tackle her down in a heartbeat, I'll be fine." Whistlepaw meowed, playfully winking at Blackpaw.

Blackpaw sighed, nodding his head "Fine, just be careful," Blackpaw murmured "Will do." she meowed, padding away to find Frogpaw. Whistlepaw found the she-cat sitting near the far edge of the camp, her back hunched over.

Whistlepaw approached the angry she-cat, sitting down next to her "What's got you all worked up now?" Whistlepaw asked, her voice calm. Frogpaw whipped around, glaring up at Whistlepaw "Since when did you care?!"

"Frogpaw, this is the fourth day that you've been complaining about Snakepaw ruining your nest, something is definitely up." Whistlepaw responded a tad bit harshly. Frogpaw dug her claws into the ground, her teeth bared.

"Nothing is wrong! Snakepaw is just a clumsy, useless piece of flesh!" Frogpaw snarled, her back arching. Frogpaw stood to her paws, trying to appear bigger than Whistlepaw. She stared down at the hairless apprentice, unfazed.

"Look Frogpaw, whether you like it or not, you can't just yell and complain over something that could easily be fixed. Especially if it's directed towards Snakepaw." Whistlepaw responded, flicking her tail.

Frogpaw let out an enraged hiss "Yes, I can! It's not my fault Snakepaw is so stupid and sensitive!" Frogpaw snarled, lashing her tail and pinning her ears back. Whistlepaw knew Frogpaw was going to try and attack her, so she quickly tackled the angered she-cat.

She pinned her down, using her huge size to her advantage "What the heck are you doing?! Let me go!" Frogpaw snarled, struggling under Whistlepaw's weight "Not until you've calmed down." Whistlepaw meowed.

"I swear Whistlepaw, if you don't get off of me, I will not hesitate to rip off that stupid mouth of yours!" Frogpaw threatened, lashing out at Whistlepaw's face. The huge she-cat was obviously not receiving any of Frogpaw's attacks.

"Woah, woah, what's going on over here?" A voice called out. Whistlepaw glanced up from Frogpaw, spotting Milkstar and Foxwatcher heading over to them. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Finchspot get up.

"This lunatic won't get off of me!" Frogpaw snarled, but Whistlepaw covered her muzzle with one giant paw "Frogpaw here was complaining about Snakepaw ruining her nest again. She got aggravated, so I tackled her down to calm her."

"You did what to my daughter?" Finchspot's yowl sounded beside Whistlepaw. She turned to the warrior, her golden eyes blazing with rage "You heard me, I tackled your daughter just to calm her down."

Finchspot glared at Whistlepaw, his tail lashing "Why you-" Whistlepaw cut him off "Maybe if you had raised your daughter better, none of this would've happened!" Whistlepaw snarled, her shoulder fur bristling.

"Enough, both of you!" Milkstar interfered with the two arguing cats, her eyes narrowed. She turned to Finchspot, her eyes blazing "Go back to what you were doing, Finchspot. We will deal with your daughter."

Finchspot let out a growl before padding away to the warriors den. Milkstar turned to Frogpaw "You're coming with me to the medicine den." she growled, Whistlepaw getting off the hairless apprentice.

Frogpaw cursed under her breath as she followed Milkstar towards the medicine den. Whistlepaw sighed, calming herself down "It'll be okay, Whistlepaw." Foxwatcher reassured her, resting his tail on her shoulder.

"I really hope you're right Foxwatcher," Whistlepaw murmured. Foxwatcher stared up at her with concern "We can only hope she'll grow out of this attitude." Foxwatcher meowed, his ear flicking. Whistlepaw nodded, curling her tail around her.

Foxwatcher dipped his head to her before padding off to check the fresh-kill pile. Whistlepaw had calmed down by then and headed back over to the apprentices den "Are you okay?" Onepaw asked, rushing up to her.

"I'm fine, Onepaw. That pip squeak is all talk and no scratch," Whistlepaw joked. Onepaw let out a chuckle "You're lucky she didn't scratch your nose off." Blackpaw meowed, padding up to Whistlepaw.

"I doubt she could. She's too short to do anything to this beautiful face." Whistlepaw teased, giving a dramatic whip of her face fur. Snakepaw giggled from behind Blackpaw. The tom rolled his eyes, sitting down in front of Whistlepaw.

Onepaw settled down next to her sister, Snakepaw joining the group "What do you think Milkstar's gonna do to her?" Snakepaw asked, shuffling her paws nervously "She'll probably just have Oatwhisper give her some poppy seeds to calm down or something."

Poppy seeds to calm her down? Please, she'll be right back up and yelling by sunhigh.