Separate Ways - NR (2)

Summary: just a bunch of cuddles and some breakfast :)

Warnings - none ;)
Request - yes
Word count - 957

---

Over the past few months, Nat has been helping you recover from your injury. You're not 100% yet, but walking has been less painful.

She helps you do exercises and stretches, and she definitely makes sure you actually do them. She knows you would skip them if she wasn't there.

As you start waking up, you feel Nat's hand on the side of your face, slowly rubbing your cheek with her thumb.

"Good morning beautiful."

You smile when you hear her voice, opening your eyes to see her smiling next to you. "Good morning Tasha."

"How are you feeling?"

You give her a kiss on her nose, "amazing."

She smirks, "that's what I like to hear."

She takes the blanket off of you, exposing your mostly naked body. You move your leg, still insecure about your scar that goes through it.

"Hey, we've been through this. There's nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, it makes you more of a badass." She smiled, trying to brighten your mood.

She grabs your leg and gently brings it up so it's bent by your hip. She rubs the scar, making sure not to hurt you, but to make you feel comfortable.

"You do look like a badass."

You smile, "can this badass get some breakfast?"

"Yes." She gives you a kiss and gets out of bed.

You slowly follow her, standing up on your own, but not putting too much pressure on your leg.

Nat watched you the whole time to make sure you are okay. She didn't want you getting injured again.

When she saw you struggling, she walks over and supports you by wrapping her arms around you. She sees a few tears in your eyes and wipes them away with her thumb before they could fall.

"You're doing great babe, little by little remember?"

You sniffle, "I know." You give her a nod as you look her in the eyes, "But it's been months Nat."

"And Bruce said it could be a year till you get full use of your leg back, be patient with yourself."

"I'm trying, but it feels like I've got nowhere."

"You've made it so far since that mission, you could barely stay awake because of the pain you felt after getting off the meds. And now you're basically walking on it. You've made it so far, and I'm so fucking proud."

You can hear the sincerity in her voice, she means every word, "now, everyone is away on a mission, so you don't have to put much on, ok?"

You nod, only throwing on a hoodie and some shorts. Then Nat helps you walk to the kitchen.

Upon entering, you see Wanda making breakfast, "hey you two."

You both look at her confused, Nat speaking up, "hey, I thought there was a mission?"

"Yeah, I was told to stay here though. Not that I'm complaining."

Nat help you sit on a stool at the kitchen counter, "you're okay with that?"

Wanda nods, "I guess I have to be, I understand why though."

"I'm so sorry Wands," you wince a little as you talk.

"Don't apologize, it just means I get to hang out with my favorite assassins."

You and Nat smile, she gives you a kiss then starts making you both breakfast. Wanda sits on the couch, leaving you two in the kitchen.

You slowly make your way to Nat, when you get to her, her first instinct was to help you stand.

"Nat, hey, I'm fine."

She slowly lets go of you, "you scare me Y/n."

You smile, "I'm just here to keep you on your feet."

"Okay baby, how about you limp your way back to your seat?"

You pretend to be offended, "if I fall?"

She smirks, "gets up."

She slaps your ass, telling to get moving. You just laugh as you sit back down.

When she brings over breakfast, you sit so you're touching each other.

"When we're done, we will do the exercises, then we can walk around for a little."

You nod, not really excited about it, but you know you have to do it.

---

After doing your exercises, you were all sweaty and tired. Your leg isn't as strong as it used to be, so the things you do now are more tiering than before.

She sits you on the bed, you immediately flop back.

"Get undressed, we're showering."

You just look at her, putting your hands over your face, exhausted.

"Is it your leg?" She says softly as she watches your leg twitch slightly.

You nod, "it just hurts."

"Okay, let's get cleaned off, then we can go from there."

You agree, getting off the bed and getting undressed.

After your shower, you lay down on the bed again. Nat puts a pillow under your thigh to reduce the tension on it. She gently massages the area, making sure not to hurt you.

She gives your scare a gentle kiss every so often, looking up at you afterward.

"How is it feeling now?" She asks softly.

"It's better, massaging it definitely helps."

"Then that's what I'll do every day," she crawls up to you, rest her body on yours, your skin soft as she touches it, "I only want to you to feel good."

You stare into her eyes, reaching up to give her a kiss, "thank you."

She nods, "rest, the team will be back later, and I'm sure it will be loud."

You put your head on the pillow, watching her get off the bed, and sit at the desk.

You wanted her to stay with you, but you knew she had a lot of work to do. So you just give in to the sleepiness, and close your eyes.

---

A/n
It's kinda slow but I just wanted to do a progress part for fluff :)