9 || A Teal-Colored Romance || 9

Note: This is a break chapter to focus on the side ship, TanAoi

Let us travel back in time a little bit to where Tanjiro was about to leave and Inosuke was still asleep. But this time, instead of staying with Inosuke, let's follow Tanjiro to the Butterfly Estate.

Tanjiro: Is Inosuke still asleep?

Nezuko: *Cough, cough* Yeah, it seems so.

Tanjiro: Alright, well I'm going out to the Butterfly Estate. I should be back before it gets too dark. I made you and Inosuke some cookies in case you get hungry.

Nezuko: Thanks, Tanj! *Cough, cough*

Tanjiro: Nez, you don't sound like yourself.

Nezuko: *Cough, cough* I think it may be my allergies.

Tanjiro: Well, whatever it is, hopefully Aoi has something for it. *Opens the door* See you guys when I get back.

Nezuko: Bye, *cough, cough* Tanjiro!

All dressed up for the day, Tanjiro started making his way to the Butterfly Estate.

When he got there, he knocked on the door to get in. But no one answered.

Tanjiro: Hm? Maybe they didn't hear me. *Knocks again slightly louder* Or maybe they're all out somewhere. *Catches a scent* No wait, someone's coming.

Tanjiro backed away from the door as Aoi opened it from behind.

Aoi: (Shocked) Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: Yep, that's me.

Without another word, Aoi yanked Tanjiro into the mansion and quickly shut the door.

Tanjiro: Aoi, what-

Aoi: *Covers Tanjiro's mouth* *Whispering* Shh. You gotta be quiet. *Uncovers his mouth*

Tanjiro: *Whispering* Aoi, is everything alright?

Aoi: *Whispering* Yes, everything's fine. It's just that we're playing hide and seek. Shinobu Nee~San's really good. She's already found Kanao and Sumi.

Shinobu: *Distant* Hello? Is anyone there?

Aoi: *Whispering* Come on. Let's go!

Tanjiro followed Aoi through the butterfly mansion swiftly but quietly to avoid being found by Shinobu. They went to hide in Aoi's bedroom.

Aoi: We should be safe here. *She and Tanjiro sit on the bed* Shinobu already checked this room. That's where she found Kanao.

Tanjiro: It must be a lot of fun playing hide and seek in a big mansion.

Aoi: *Chuckles* You have no idea, Tanjiro. We once played tag. It was so chaotic. Shinobu~San was just too fast for Kanae~San.

Tanjiro: *Chuckles* Oh my.

Aoi: Now, what brings you here?

Tanjiro: Well, Nezuko has some allergies. I'm looking for something to help with that.

Aoi: What kind of allergies?

Tanjiro: She's coughing a lot, and one of her sneezes woke me up. I'm surprised it didn't wake Inosuke up. Then again, he shouldn't easily wake up after he tired himself all last night.

Aoi: That does sound like an Inosuke thing to do.

Tanjiro: Yep. I'm surprised Nezuko came up with the idea and not him.

Aoi: Yeah. Speaking of Inosuke, I need to talk to you about him.

Tanjiro: Oh? Is everything okay, Aoi?