Chapter one

'Cloves POV'

Ten more days till the reaping everything's gonna be fine. Right? I Clove Kentwell will volunteer for the games on my 18th birthday, three more years, yay .My brother won the 72nd hunger games so you would think I have the best chance, but I don't. As I walk to my shower I hear a knock on my bedroom door. "What!" I moan still half asleep. "Mom wants to talk to you so she sent me to come wake you up." Says Colton my older brother the one who won the games. "Kay, I'll be there in a sec." I say while walking to the shower. That was a lie, I'm gonna take my time in the shower.

When I get done showering I brush my teeth and put my hair in a semi-high pony tail. I pick my clothes for the day which is grey sweatpants and black T-shirt with a grey hoodie. I walk downstairs and is greeted by my whole family. "What took you so long Clove. I thought your brother woke you up." My mother says quite dissapointed on how long I took. "Well don't mind me but I just want a good night sleep." I say while getting quieter by the word. "Excuse me, Clove?" My mom asks slightly concerned. "Nothing." I mumble "Well bye." I say before either of them can reply. "But Clove I-" Before my mother can finish I walk out of the house and walk to the training center. While I walk I notice how dark it is so I look at my watch and it says 5:37. Wow I woke up early today, but the earlier the more practice. 

When I get to the training center no one is there, except the trainers. "Kentwell, isn't it a little early for training, its 5:45." My trainer Casper says with a slight grin showing. "Well Colton woke me up early said my mom wanted to tell me something but I got bored and walked off." I say returning the grin. "Yeah about that" She continues "Your mom has asked me to give you special training this next week." She says while rubbing her neck. "What are you trying to say Casp." I ask her anxiously wondering if what I think she is going to say is what she is going to say. "Well, your mom wants you to volunteer this year weather you like it or not. I told her you were only fifteen and the person we chose as the male tribute is really good and-" I cut her off before she can finish. "Who is this 'male tribute' you are talking about?" I ask curiously. "Cato, Cato Hadley."

 Him that Hadley boy, UGH. Man, he is such an idiot I would beat him in a matter of minutes if I gave him my all. "Him? He's nothing to me, I could beat him so easily." I say before my trainer can respond someone speaks from behind me. "You, think YOU could beat me?!" A blond boy asks in disgust. "Well duh!" I respond while eyeing him down. "Don't be so confident in yourself I'm the best fighter in 2." He says while grinning and showing off his white teeth. "Well then you haven't met me. Anyway I'm Clove Kentwell FYI." I say while walking off to the knife section. "So your the 'girl who never misses'." He says while chuckling. "Yup," I say while whipping out a knife and throwing it right in the target, "thats me alright." I say looking at the only 2 people in the center.

There is an akward silence until Casper speaks up, "Well I'm gonna let you two get aquainted. Tomorrow at training you two will have to teach each other your prime skill and you will have to work with each other for at least four hours, alright?" Casper asks. "Fine." I mumble under my breath. "Fine with me!" Says Blondie almost excitedly. "See you tomorrow Clovers!" He yells at me. These next few days are gonna be the worst of my life, I just know it.

At around 11:30 Colton comes to the academy to take me to lunch and everybody stopped what they were doing and stared at him the whole time. Probably because he is a victor and these days people never see victors due to trauma? At least according to Colton. "Hey Clover I'm here!" Colton says yelling across the academy. Great now everybody is staring at me. "Why don't you come over here today, I'm not done throwing my knives." I say while hitting dead center. "UGH! Fine but I'm giving you fifteen minutes that's it." He says walking over. They stare at him the whole time, creepy. I look to where Cato and his group of friends are, they aren't scared of anything but they too also have stopped working and are looking at my brother. "What are y'all looking at!" My brother hiss's at them, they all start training. When he comes over he looks pissed but I start laughing my head off. "What?" He asks me looking embarrassed. "Nothing, just the way those kids look at you." I say in between laughs. "Whatever." He mumbles while taking a seat while observing my throwing

Fifteen minutes whiz by quickly and for eight of those minutes people just stare at my brother. I guess he is really hot and all but he is nothing compared to this man called Finnick Odair he won the 65th hunger games at the 14 youngest ever. My brother is definitely the second hottest victor alive. With his chocolate brown hair and his beautiful emerald eyes that shimmer in the light. Unlike me he has no freckles. but every now and then they will appear on his 'gorgeous face.    

"Can we go now I'm hungry!" My brother begs me. "Ugh, fine but I get to choose what to eat." I say annoyed. "Yes!" I hear my brother mumble.

 Out of my whole family I probably love my brother the most he just gets me. Although his preferred weapon is a spear he still gives me great advice on knives. Out of nowhere I spit out the words, "Carry me." I don't know why I said what I said I guess I got bored? "Yes princess, at your service." He says mockingly. I am 5,4 and 120 pounds at the most, and my brother is 6,3 and 210 pounds at least. Plus he has muscle! When we walk to the exit everyone once again starts to stare so I say my brothers iconic line. "What are y'all looking at!" I say just like Colton would say, I swear I heard him mumble, "That's my girl!"

I see Cato look at me and mouth 'nice brother you got there.' All I can do is roll my eyes and be grateful for what I have. I squeeze my brother tighter and practically hug him from the top. "Are you okay Clovers?" He asks quietly. "Yeah, just scared of losing you, that's all." I say shedding a tear. I never cry so its a surprise for me and him. "Don't worry you won't." He assures me. He puts me down so I can walk on my own to the restaurant and I stick out my hands to his and he squeezes them basically telling me 'I'll always be there for you, because its together or not at all.'

A/N This is my first book on wattpad, actually my first book ever! If you're reading this I thank you dearly. I know I'm using a Clato quote but i rlly dont care! Thats all bye!