6...🦋

I express my gratitude to @Farahkarimu for assisting me on this chapter.

-_______-_________-________-________-

I woke up with a puffy face and red eyes, unsure of how long I had cried the previous night. Tears had flowed so much that they hardly appeared anymore. I was devastated to the extent that words can hardly express how I felt yesterday.

I stood up from my bed and sat on the stool in front of my vanity table, staring at myself with pity. Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? Why me?

Astaghfirullah. I pushed those questions out of my mind because nothing happens by chance it's already written.

I wished that I would just wake up and it would all be a nightmare that has come to an end, but sadly, this is my reality.

There's no going back in the past. What has happened has happened. I can't change the past. I also can't keep dwelling on the past. I just need to focus on my future. By Allah, any type of that encounter won't happen again By God's will.

The memory will still linger in my mind. However, I am determined to push it to the back of my thoughts and move on from it. With a forced smile on my face, I study my reflection in the mirror, hoping that the act of pretending to be happy will eventually turn into genuine happiness...

I reach for my detangling brush and slowly begin brushing my disheveled hair. My mind starts to wander, and I recall the good days of my life. The ones where I would spend my nights alone, reading under the covers and snacking late at night while watching my favourite movies over and over again. And the ones where I would have a great time with my friends. Ones where I'd take ice cream despite my mother's disagreement and warning to take such in the morning on an empty stomach.

I pack my hair in a low bun After I reminisce about the episodes of my life that I wish I could go back to and relive.

I eventually get up and go to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

My tummy rumbled as I wore my white flower-printed gown that stopped right at my ankle. I surely need to eat.

I didn't even care to do my skincare this morning. I'm not in the mood for any of that. Besides it's not like my face would distort if I skipped a day of skincare.

The moment I left my room, I headed straight to the kitchen. I was craving some waffles and ice cream. I remember clearly that I had left the ice cream I bought before in the freezer. I hope no one has touched it.

I met the housemaid in the kitchen. She was cleaning up the place. I guess she had just finished cooking. She isn't Muslim, but she's kind and beautiful. She's about 19 but treats me with respect as if I were much older than her. I won't say I dislike that.

"Hey, Sarah, What's for breakfast?" I asked even though I was not going to eat anything she made but rather eat what I wanted right now.

"Oh good morning small madam" She replied with a smile on her face.

"Morning...Small madam?" I replied. When did she start calling me that? I don't like it at all.

"Haha, I just feel like it fits you."

"Well, don't call me that again I don't like it."

"Ah sorry o, I cooked Akara and pap for breakfast" As always. This was a weekly thing just like on Fridays. Sundays are for the most concentrated carbohydrates. Could be Moi-moi Or Akara. I eat them but not today.

"Hm. Please come and help me make some waffles because, ah, I'm not eating that.," I said, waving my hands in the air in opposition.

"Why not? Don't you like my food anymore?" she asked, with a small frown.
"I know your food is delicious," I reassured her, and she nodded.