Ups & Downs- 15

"You have to face your fears Rina," Trevor's gentle voice haunts me from the back of my mind.

It has been a few days since I fall sick and Trevor took care of me. The due date of my assignment is just mere weeks away and I'm glad that I'm already close to finishing it.

I sit on the chair and put my hand on the cold hard surface of my desk.

I reach out to open my laptop reluctantly. I draw my hand before I type in what I want to type.

Is it a good idea? I ask myself.

After just sitting there contemplating whether I should go on sitting like that or actually do what is effective, I reach out and type in his name into google.

William Everdeen.

Instantly, a page filled with his information pops up. His pictures and his latest tour dates glare right into my eyes.

I can already feel myself chocking on my own sadness but I force them back. Unknowingly, I touch the pendent the necklace that I'm wearing. I can still remember that day clearly as though it happened yesterday. The Treble Clef shaped pendent usually makes me feel calm whenever I have it on but today it just made me feel different. Incomplete. He gave it to me. Even though I may have left and tried to force down memories of him, I've continued to wear this everyday but I always refrain myself from touching it. But now, it's different.

I'm going to do this. I tell myself. I'm going to face my fears.

I close my eyes and take in a few deep breath. The scented candle that I lighted moments ago makes my room smell warm and fresh.

Slowly, I ease myself to calm down and open my eyes.

The picture of him smirking ever so lightly into the camera lenses fill the screen. His striking cobalt blue eyes pierce through the image. He had never been a disorganised person but here in this picture, his dark blonde hair has been styled in a way that makes people think that he has just run his hand through his hair. In fact, he never does it. That's just not his style. As I've stated, he hates being disorganised.

I remember the times when he had given me a true smile. He never flashes his teeth when he is not truly happy, but when he is, he would give a full on toothy smile. His eyes would crinkle and sparkle up with life and when he does that, I can never help but give him a true smile of my own.

It pains me just by looking at his picture.

I force my eyes away from it and scrolls down the page to read his latest news.

He is on his first tour around the UK, promoting his newly released song, Forever Together.

I clicked on the link to play it and the gentle rhythm of the music fills my ears.

Not surprising enough, it was the song he wrote for me, the song I heard a few weeks ago on campus.

Before his voice comes up, I close the tab off.

I can feel myself shutting out everything already. But I keep reminding myself that I'll do this. I've promised Trevor that I'll pull through my fears after all.

It was the day after I fell sick. Trev remained in Challenges for two days to take care of me as Mag and Dave are busy. He made sure I take my meds regularly and made me food. He made sure I was comfortable and accompanied me for two whole days.

We were sitting on the couch downstairs at night after my fever went down.

"I promise Trev," I told him while looking at him.

His clear grey eyes turned to look at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I promise to try to overcome my fears. And-..."

He cut me off.

"That's great!" He exclaimed and wrapped me in his strong tanned arms in a bear hug.

I inhaled his familiar scent. He smelt of warm cookie batter and espresso.

"And," I continued, still in his arms, "when I'm ready, I'll open up to you about my past. You need to promise that you won't google up my name. Wait. Don't tell me you've already done it." I told him while pulling apart. I gave him a piercing look.

"I haven't even thought of doing it. Trust me. I did want to google you up but I had the feeling that you might not appreciate it."

I exhaled. "Thank god." I said while putting my hand on my chest. "Don't believe what they write in the articles," I told him.

After that day, our relationship once again feel relaxed and comfortable. We no longer feel awkward around each other.

"I'll be strong," I murmur to myself.

A/N: It'd be awesome to vote for this story if you liked it.

Tell me what you think William is.

xxVic