~~Chapter 10: Unforeseen Simulation Joint (Part 2)~~

Shigaraki, who was so very close to disintegrating one of the members of class 1-A, stood there frozen, hand poised and ready to strike. Slowly, he turned his head to look at the source of the bloodlust. It was certainly not the strongest bloodlust he had felt before; after all, he was the protégé of All For One. It was rather small in comparison, almost as if it was unintentional, as if it was leaking, but still mostly restrained.

Slow, methodical steps echoed throughout the utter silence as Killua Zoldyck made his way to his unconscious friend, lying on the ground. The villain had simply dropped the boy known as Gon Freecss as soon as he fell unconscious with patches of skin across his body disintegrated and bloody.

Shigaraki stood straight and dashed at the boy, but was stopped dead in his tracks as Killua reached his friend.

Killua Zoldyck leaned down, kneeling next to his injured friend and checked his pulse. It was still strong, the boy would certainly survive.

More of his bloodlust leaked through as he took in the terrible state his friend was in. He just barely had enough restraint not to let it all out immediately. Some of his classmates were still around after all. But he was sure of one fact, he would get revenge.

Everything within the large dome stood perfectly still. It was almost as if the world itself had stopped. The area seemed to lose all of its color as the hearts of anything living started beating faster. It felt as if Killua Zoldyck drew the attention of the very universe to himself, and nothing could look away.

The boy looked up, and his eyes seemed to glow an electric blue. The bloodlust emanating from the boy seemingly tripled again as he laid eyes on his injured caretaker, as he laid eyes on the wide stares of his classmates. Slowly, he laid his friend on the ground and got up. Breathing became an arduous task as the sheer anger emanating from this small boy seemed to make the shadows writhe.

Todoroki, shouting at the boy to stop his advance mere seconds before, now stood still in his tracks, with wide eyes staring at the seemingly glowing being.

Bakugo, who had just blasted the last villain in his area into the nearest wall, didn't dare move to stretch his fatigued muscles. The very universe seemed to demand his attention, and he couldn't not obey.

Mineta, who seconds before was staring at the hand mere millimeters away from the face of his classmate, couldn't even dare wet himself as every muscle in his body was tense. He couldn't look away.

Dark Shadow, who had just thrown another of their assailants into a wall, moved to protect their host from another attack as everything seemed to stop, the darkness within demanding they turn their attention toward the plaza. They could feel the shadows all around them writhing with the anger of just one singular boy.

Aizawa, a renowned hero in the underground, turned his head to the source of the bloodlust—which had a strength he had never before felt, only to find the one he was tasked to take care of. And he knew Nezu was right to get him on their side. For should they get on his bad side, there would be no telling what would be left of them afterward.

Shigaraki stood frozen now, shrinking in on himself a little. He hadn't assumed much from the boy currently in front of him, but that has quickly changed. The bloodlust he could feel was on par with the bloodlust he rarely felt from his sensei. And he could tell it wasn't even all of it.

The boy's eyes bore into him. He stood mere meters away from the man. Killua Zoldyck shot forward, and the Nomu moved to protect its master.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Killua reacted too slowly. His punch had been intercepted by the monster called Nomu, and he couldn't react fast enough to dodge the follow up punch. He could see the attack, and he managed to ready his Nen defenses, but his body just couldn't react fast enough.