Chapter 9

The voices of Avengers arguing come to your mind. You are about to ask Jarvis what is happening when Loki's voice comes to you.

I'll talk to you in a bit sorceress. He tells you.

Okay. But try and stay, please. You say. I could use the friend. He wasn't bad company after all.

Nothing. Silence continues for a long time. Questions eat you away.

You shouldn't be feeling what you were for him, though.

Even before Natasha had taught you to stay away from men the Avengers brought back home, you knew to keep them as far away as possible.

Loki had gotten far to close. He had almost made you think about something more than friendship.

Which was an absolute no.

Far too many times you had seen men hit a woman without any consequences. The women themselves went back to those wile, filthy creatures you refused to call humans.

No matter how nice he was or how courteous he was, he was still a man.

You had seen so many of them turn into animals that you weren't willing to risk even friendship with them.

But he was hurting so much that you couldn't help but remember your lowest as you saw his memories.
His screems seemed to echo in tune with your. For every scar he had you had, a diluted version adorning your skin, binding you to him in a thread of struggle against the horrors of this world.

Just as you were bound to Natasha. To Clint. To Tony and Bruce and Steve.

Only he was letting go. His hold on the world is not quite as insistent as all yours. You knew a time you almost let go. A time he did, too. He was tired. You wouldn't blame him for it.

But.... it was a battle he would fight alone.
Like all others, he would have no one. That was the only thought that kept you tethered to him.

He never knew anyone who was his and his alone. Neither did you.

Someone to stand beside you no matter what. Perhaps that's why you gravitated towards each other. In the hope that both you utterly broken pieces might fit together.

Poorly, yes, but to belong with someone who understood was a blessing neither of you ever had.

Is that why he talked to you? Because he was utterly alone?
Is that why you talked to him? Knowing that he has no one.
__________________________________

Thor was an oaf. There was never any doubt about that, of course. Never.

But he was surprised to find that his brother was lacking all sense of mind.
Perhaps his golden brothers brain had stopped functioning after he pushed him off the Palace stairs when he was 10.

Maybe a knife to the gut would knock some sense into him.

"Are you listening?" Captain America... no Steve, that's what the mortal liked to be called, asked.

"With my undivided attention," he answered

"Loki!" Thor warns from his other side.

"What? I didn't say anything..."

"Can you all shut up." Natasha nonchalantly comments her eyes trained on the director of Sheild.
What was his name again? Rage? No, Fury.

"So what are your thoughts, Loki?" The said director interrogates him blinking.

He has only one eye, so technically, he couldn't say winking. Though he had to admit Fury's glare was impressive.

"My thoughts border on killing everybody in this room so that I may be left alone, director. Or to kill myself so that I may not have to go through this again. " He was happy with himself for the way it came out. Super neat and not too much emotion, just the right amount of acid.