Chapter 1: I was reborn!?

"Hey, mom! Naruto is on, come watch it with us!"

Kina, my lovely daughter yelled at me while I was handling a knife while making dinner. I turned around and smiled softly, putting the knife down. I walked over to the TV and sat down.

"You two are obsessed with this show, I still don't understand why."

Asahi groaned and pouted, "Seriously Mom? It's just so cool! The way he goes boom pow rasengan! It's just so awesome!"

I laughed and ruffled his hair. "Alright, alright. I'll make you two a promise. Every time Naruto comes on I'll watch it with you, how about that?"

Kina gasped and grabbed my hand before intertwining our pinkies. "You better not break your promise, momma!"

"If you break your promise we're gonna be mad!" Asahi chimed in.

I chuckled as Asahi put his hands on my pregnant belly. "And when the baby is born can we name him Naruto?"

I was taken aback and laughed. "I'm sorry Asahi, I already have a name planned for this little one. Hikaru. It means shining brilliance, I hope he shines just as lovely as you two."

Kina grinned, "That's a good name momma!"

Suddenly the music of Naruto's opening rang through and I hummed along, my two kids singing it loudly with all their heart. It was such a cute sight, though their singing wasn't that good.

Once the episode started there was a sight of a kid, his spiky blonde hair was just the cutest! The little markings on his cheeks made him seem like a tiny fox.

"Who is that?" I questioned.

Kina smiled up at me, "That's Naruto! He's the main character!"

I was instantly taken with him. He was just so adorable! His cheeky nature reminded me of Asahi and Kina's troublesome shenanigans. How lovely it would've been if he was real and was my child... but sadly he's just a fictional character.

But as the days passed I enjoyed watching the episodes pass, watching him grow. As with the other characters! Learning more about them made me feel young again.

As the days passed, Kina and Asahi grew older. So did I, but then Hikaru was born. He had the same light brown hair and blue eyes I did. I feel a bit guilty for being glad he resembles me instead of his bastard father who left when I was pregnant with him... but even if he looked just like that man I would've still loved him no matter what.

Even more time passed, and everything was going fine... life was good, and we were living happily. That was until I got sick.

Over the weeks I had felt weaker, had random, unexplainable fevers, I had been losing weight quickly despite my normal eating habits.. besides coughing up blood.

On my next doctor appointment, I was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. My kids were distraught after hearing there was no cure. And the fact I have around 5 years to live...

I wasn't angry, I wasn't sad. I don't know how I felt. It was all a blur, from the moment I got to the appointment to the next few days I could barely remember much.

But whenever Naruto came on, my head felt clear. Like I could finally think and not have to worry about my cancer diagnosis.

I had rejected any treatment, much to my kid's disapproval. But I don't regret a thing. I was happy with my life, I was happy with everything. Even if I died tomorrow I didn't have any regrets.

Over the next 5 years, it was constant pain and worry for both me and my kids; the worry that I wasn't going to make it through the night, the cancer had spread all over my body and had progressed to stage 4. It's hard to breathe most days and I struggle with eating.

Kina and Asahi have grown into fine adults. Kina is going into medical school to become a doctor while Asahi is an electrician. I'm so proud of them. Hikaru is still in school and is getting good grades.

But when the last episode of Naruto aired I felt a sense of hollowness. I don't know why but I knew this would be one of the last days I lived. Maybe it was my motherly intuition but I made sure to spend as much time with my kids, until I collapsed.

When I woke up I was in the hospital surrounded by my kids and nurses, as well as a doctor to go along with them.

I smiled at Hikaru, Kina, and Asahi.

"Kina, Asahi... please, take care of Hikaru." My words caused tears to spill down their cheeks faster.

My breathing began to change as the days passed and that's when the doctors knew I was going to die soon. I stopped having control of my bowel movements and that was more embarrassing, so much so that I wished I would die immediately.

Every day I got weaker and weaker, sleeping more and more often. Until I just... didn't wake up.

Everything felt light and warm. Like I was surrounded by a warm hug...

I could hear voices outside sometimes, but only if I was paying attention very well.

I don't know how long I was in that cocoon of warmth but when I left it was quite annoying.. so much so I tried to speak... but all that came out were sobs?!

When I opened my eyes I was surrounded by people, but they didn't look like the doctors or nurses I knew... and why were they so big?!

I tried to slap them away but all I could get was my tiny hand flapping??? Why was I so small?

Was this what Kina was raving about in her teenage years? Reincarnation? If it was, it sucked!

Cries and whines of defiance were the only things that left my tiny lips as I heard the cooees of my mother... I think?

"Her name... yes, Yukari. Yukari Uzumaki."

I almost froze when I heard that last name... that was the last name of Naruto! Don't tell me I reincarnated as his sister! And why can I understand them?

I stopped crying as I looked up at the mother I now had, she had the beautiful red hair of Kushina.. now that I'm looking at her, this has to be Kushina. I think I really did become Naruto's sister... but where is he?

I faintly looked around as much as my feeble head and neck would let me, but I couldn't see anyone other than a blonde-haired man who had to be my father. He had tears in his eyes but the two of them seemed to pause when they looked at me. I wondered why, was there something off?

"Her eyes are red..? Is... this Kurama's fault?" The man questioned as Kushina just smiled at me.

"Probably, but even if she was a monster I'd still love her. Plus I can tell with her blonde hair and red eyes she'll become such a beauty none of those kids will be able to keep their eyes off her!"

The man just sighed and shook his head before Kushina handed me over to him, his holding of me was comfortable, but a bit sloppy.

"My daughter... Yukari."

I decided to smile at him, raising my hand out and holding his finger. I could tell he almost burst into tears... it was a bit awkward for me.

But after that, tons of people came to congratulate us. People with black hair and red eyes, people with brown hair and light purple eyes... so many people! It was quite nice to know my mother and father were so loved by these people... at least I hope.

I hope nothing bad happens in this life...

(A/N: This is my first time writing for Naruto so I hope it isn't too inaccurate. I haven't watched naruto in a long time so please forgive me for any mistakes!)