The Sun Also Rises

Tyler, in wolf form, growled and snarled at Caroline and Matt who are on the other side of the iron gate, Caroline holding the gate shut.

"Caroline, let me help!" Matt shouted at the blonde and Caroline shook her head. 

"Get back, I got it!" She warned and Tyler started to attack, fitting his about through the bars of the gate, snapping and snarling. Caroline flinched back slightly, but held the door steady as Matt aimed the rifle at Tyler, who backed up and then attacked a second time. 

"Caroline, the door's not going to hold." Matt informed the vampire as he backed away while continuing to point the gun at Tyler. 

"Come on!" Matt shouted and Caroline looked at the werewolf, hoping to find some kind of recognition in the golden eyes. 

"Tyler, please!" She pleaded, but he didn't let up on his attacks and finally Matt shot Tyler, who yelped in pain and backed away. Matt fired another shot, hitting him again. 

"Matt! No, hey, no! It's Tyler!" Caroline reminded the human and he turned to look at her, incredulously. 

"It's trying to kill us!" He pointed out and Caroline quickly stepped in front of him. 

"Wait!" She ordered, looking back at Tyler who was now lying on the ground, panting heavily. 

"He's wounded." She realized, moving closer to the gate and Matt shook his head. 

"Caroline, stay back." He warned and she began to unlock the gate. 

"We can go around him." She told him and he gawked at her. 

"Are you nuts?" He asked and Caroline shook her head at him. 

"You're not going to shoot him again, okay? Okay. Matt, take my hand." She ordered, extending her hand towards him as she opened the gate and walked out of it. Matt continued to point the gun at Tyler, wariness gleaming in his blue eyes. 

"I got it." He told her and Caroline looked back at him, rolling her eyes at him. 

"Matt, take my hand." She told him and he finally listened, putting the rifle over his shoulder. He took Caroline's hand and she vamp-sped the two of them out of the cellar. 

*** 

Damon was sitting at the bar in Alaric's apartment, observing the werewolf bite on his inner forearm. Katherine stood over him, also observing the bite. 

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." She commented, hiding her nausea at the sight of it and Damon nodded. 

"Yep." He confirmed, shuddering as he thought of Trevor, and Katherine looked at him, deciding to try and help him. 

My "It's not that bad." She told him and he glanced at her.

"Will be. Should have seen Trevor." He told her, standing up and rolling his sleeve down, the bite now covered by the fabric. Katherine gawked at him, surprise and a little anger in his gaze. 

"So that's it? You're just...going to die?" She asked and Damon shrugged at that. 

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" He asked and Katherine shook her head. 

"Me, either." Damon admitted and he grabbed his jacket off the couch and put it on before moving towards the door. 

"145 years and no last good-bye?" Katherine asked and Damon glared at her. 

"You don't get a good-bye." He retorted, turning away from her and starting to walk away. Katherine vamp-sped in front of him, placing her hand on his chest.