Chapter Fourteen: Mean Girls

It was three in the morning. Louis' back ached. He'd been lying on the floor for five damned hours when the elevator suddenly shifted and came to life. He groaned loudly as the lights turned on. It made some pretty disturbing sounds but then slowly made its way to the ground floor.

"Thank god," Louis cried as he stood up. He felt like his body was dead. Finally the elevator stopped and with a ting the doors opened. Louis flung himself out and landed in the arms a man in his forties.

"Thank you!" he whined, hugging him tightly. "Niall said I wouldn't be out until morning!"

"Couldn't just leave ya in there now, could I," the landlord said, awkwardly patting Louis on the back. Louis didn't let go. He wasn't ready yet.

"I love you."

"Thanks?"

Louis let him go and then took in the scene around him. There was a cop and two firemen and then Niall was in a corner, a thick duvet wrapped around him.

"You said in the morning," Louis scowled at him. "I thought I was going to die in there!"

"Sorry." Niall shrugged. He opened up his tent of duvet. "Hug?"

Louis attacked him. "I was in there for five hours!" he bellowed, crashing into him as they fell to the hard ground.

"OW!" Louis cried out immediately after they'd hit the ground, falling off Niall to the side like a doll. OH JESUS CHRIST. He thought he'd pass out. Niall had barely even touched him. His arm hurt just that much. He felt someone's hands on his shoulders, pulling him off the ground. Right. There was a policeman there. Louis cried, clutching his arm protectively.

"WHY DID YOU ATTACK ME?" Niall cried to him, sitting up on the floor and not giving a damn about the state of Louis' arm.

"I COULD'VE BEEN OUT HOURS AGO IF YOU'D JUST CALLED WHEN WE SPOKE."

"WELL YOU NEEDED TO LEARN!"

"LEARN WHAT?"

"NOT TO BE RUDE TO THE GIRL I'M SLEEPING WITH!"

"BUT SHE'S A BITCH."

"NOT AS BAD AS YOU."

"I think you should get your armed checked out," one of the firemen said calmly, ignoring their yelling.

Niall's eyes took in the way Louis was cradling it. "I THINK SO TOO," he agreed.

"I HATE YOU." Louis told him.

"I HATE YOU TOO."

"WELL ARE YOU COMING WITH ME, YOU BASTARD?"

"OF COURSE I AM YOU IDIOT."

---

Waiting in the ER was long. The hours dragged on slowly while Niall drooled on his chin in a corner and Louis tried not to throw up as he stared at a man who had broken his fingers, making them stick out in different directions.

The Tommo (@TheTommo)
Got out of the elevator after 5 hours when N finally decided it was time to call somebody

The Tommo (@TheTommo)
I'm at the ER. Just FYI

The Tommo (@TheTommo)
And my boyfriend still hasn't gotten in touch with me

The Tommo (@TheTommo)
I'm upset

The Tommo (@TheTommo)
N is snoring in a chair with a duvet over his head. Entertainment for the night.

The Tommo (@TheTommo)
It's fucking four thirty in the morning LET ME GO HOME