Road Work

Outside the traffic court, the two race cars were introduced to Bessie.

Bessie is a Basic Service Equipment road paving machine that is painted yellow, with some rust, and has her name printed on white on her sides. She gets her name from the initials for Basic Service Equipment: BSE.

"This here is Bessie," said Doc, "Finest road pathing machine ever made

"This here is Bessie," said Doc, "Finest road pathing machine ever made. I'm here by sentencing you two to community service. You hot rod," Doc pointed to Lightning, "Are gonna pull Bessie, while you young man," he pointed to Seth, "Will help with any minor damage that your friend here might have made."

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Lightning, "This place is crazy!!"

"Hey, I know this might be a bad time right now," said Mater to the race cars, "But um, you owe me $32,000 in legal fee."

"Wait, what?" asked Seth, as the tow truck nodded.

"Now, we're gonna hook you up to sweet Bessie, and you're gonna pull her gently," said Doc.

"You gotta be kidding me!" said Lightning.

"You start here where the road begins," Doc rolled off to show the damaged, "And you finish down there, where the road ends."

To say that the road was broken, was an understatement. It, was, destroyed!

"HOLY SHOOT/FORD!!" yelled Mater and Seth

"How long does it take to fix something like this?" asked Seth to Doc.

"Well," said Doc, "If done right, I'd give the fella five days."

"FIVE DAYS!?!" exclaimed Lightning, "But Seth and I should be in California schmoozing Dinoco right now!!"

"Well," said Seth in a cheeky manor, "If you ran your tires as fast you do your mouth, you'll get this done in just one day."

Doc and Mater laughed, as Doc said, "Okay, hook him up Mater."

"Okey-Dokey!" said Mater.

Mater then pushed down on the boot, and struggled to get it off. And when he did, Lightning took off in a flash, and far away into the distance.