Chapter 9- For The Better, or The Worst

WAR COUNCIL LOTUS GARDEN

The atmosphere was tense.

The Qua-Toynian Royal Assembly had finally gathered itself into its war council, leaving its politics aside as they now fought for the survival of their nation, and mainly, themselves.

They prepared for the worst. The Lourian Army had broken through their first line, and now it was time for them to receive such similar news from the naval front.

But what they heard was the complete opposite of what was to be expected.

Every individual seated at the council was left in awe, as they received the initial findings of the report prepared by the Naval Attache whom they had attached to one of the Indian Navy vessels, which was involved in The Battle of The Rodenius Sea.

Breweye steadied himself as he stood in front of the council. He was still a very junior officer in the Navy and had almost next to no experience with dealing with the government. He lacked both the requisite etiquette and the diplomatic language to allow himself to navigate through the choppy waters of the Royal Assembly.

He was someone who never imagined himself to be in such a place, with the most influential and significant individuals who were leading his country in such trying times, and his words would guide these people to make decisions that would essentially change the course of the history of his nation.

Yet, there was a nagging feeling in his gut, that despite how accurately and more detailed he could explain what happened during the battle, no one in the council would believe anything that he would describe.

It was up to him to convince the council of his findings, given how otherworldly everything appeared to him as he stood, visuals of how the Lourian Navy fleet disappeared still playing in the back of his mind.

"And this resulted in nearly one thousand five hundred Lorian vessels, along with nearly two hundred wyverns, being neutralized by the Indian Forces, with our navy capturing their Admiral after the battle."

As his words slowly rested in the minds of his listeners, the council members were in such a state that they could only whisper amongst each other, quickly discussing how this could be possible, the implications of what had happened, and whether something else was not at play.

One council member spoke up, having gathered themselves enough to raise a question.

"How could this be? For such a small flotilla of naval vessels from these Indians. You mean to tell us that their metal birds did all of this!" Other members nodded at what was being told, as they struggled with disbelief.

"So thirty percent of the Lorian fleet was wiped out in a single battle, with next to no Indian losses. What sort of fantasy is this?"

Some of the more skeptical council members struggled to believe this. There was no precedent in history where one side which was massively numbered was able the rout a numerically superior force, without a single loss.

They could no help but question how the Indians did not suffer any losses in such a large battle against a completely overwhelming force.

"The ship I was on, the Mysore, was something they called a destroyer. It went head-on and crushed a Lourian Vessel in a ramming maneuver when it challenged its path." Breweye wanted to ensure that they knew the details of what had occurred. It might not be as good as the real thing, but it was good enough for them.

"Arrows, Harpoons, Cannons! Nearly everything in their arsenal was fired onto that ship. Any ship we have would have long met the icy depths of the ocean, yet that ship, only the color of the paint on it was scratched off. There was even a dent where the cannon hit it!" The faces of the council varied, some were engrossed in what he was saying, others in distrust, and the more experienced had no expression.