Chapter 16 - Desk Activities

"So you mean to tell me that Aurora and Amara did this to you?" Oliver was trying to piece together what Samantha was telling him

"So you mean to tell me that Aurora and Amara did this to you?" Oliver was trying to piece together what Samantha was telling him. His hands were clasped together as his elbows rested on his desk.

She doesn't know that everything had already been filed to HR because when this all went down she was still stood frozen in the alleyway, but he decided to hear her out anyway because that could look really awful on his part. They were in his office; reluctantly on his part and he'd left a wedge on the door so it was left partially open.

"Sir, you don't understand! They've always had it out for me. I think it's jealousy but I can't say for sure-" Samantha rasped out, forcing tears to come through her eyes as she pleaded her case, resting her hands on the table and leaning forward. Oliver was getting a migraine, he sighed as he rubbed his temples and looked back at Samantha pleading at him.

Amara was a sweet girl and after communicating with her on the next steps after something like this he could tell she was extremely vulnerable. She expressed that she had taken this job to help with some debt her father had accumulated, she couldn't afford to lose her job and she really didn't deserve to either.

As for his angel? Well she just wouldn't hurt a fly.

"When we went over the statements Samantha it stated that you had no marks on your face. And that you actually were the one that started it and that you have been bullying Amara for some time," Oliver sighed as he rested back in his chair, frankly it was very bold of her to even come in considering staff only reported seeing her with these injuries towards the end of the day after everything happened.

Samantha cursed mentally as she didn't think he would have seen the statements yet; it was only the next day.

"I've got a meeting I have to attend to Samantha so if you have any further concerns please direct them to either Charlie or Martha," Oliver ushers her out as he could see this was going no where. She leaves, lightly slamming the door on her way out and Oliver looks up at the ceiling and ponders.

It's been calm. He spoke with Charlie who was completely on his side and Martha was completely avoiding him; something was weird and he suspected something that Aurora and Amara helped him uncover.

Of course the only reason he even asked Aurora to help him spy on anyone else was so he could be around her more, but it did end up being discussed and Aurora mentioned some key things that made me ponder on the relationship between Samantha and Charlie and where Martha ties in.

Aurora mentioned that usually before he came along, anything that Samantha said or did went and well since in her words "she didn't get paid enough to care as long as it didn't fuck with her bag," Aurora and Tom just let it slide. But obviously it had reached a dangerous level. Amara also mentioned that Samantha would go and visit Charlie also, leaving her to work during peak hours.