Ch. 13 The Mysterious Air Temple

Kairi and Prince Zuko arrived at the mysterious island. They landed on the ground, and Prince Zuko stepped away from Kairi, falling to his knees and breathing heavily.

" Are you okay?" Kairi asked, looking at Prince Zuko worryingly.

" That was terrifying." Prince Zuko mutters.

" You are fine. We made it here safely." Kairi smiled, patting Prince Zuko's back and helping him to his feet.

Prince Zuko stands and looks at his surroundings.

" What is this place? The maps show nothing on the Fire Nation route to the South Pole." He says, looking curious.

" I don't know. This place feels familiar. I don't know how to explain it. It's like I been here before." Kairi mumbled.

" We should explore!/Wait for the others," She and Prince Zuko looked at each other.

" Come on. It's going to be a while until the ship gets here." She looks at Prince Zuko with puppy-dog eyes.

Prince Zuko grunted.

" But stay close. This island could have traps. We need to be careful." He firmly says.

Kairi nodded, and the two teens started walking down a stone path to a mountainous landscape that revealed a beautiful, empty temple.

" Woah," Kairi and Prince Zuko stared.

" How do we get there?" Prince Zuko asked when he saw that the stone path got cut off from where they stood to the temple.

" By flying, of course," Kairi answered Prince Zuko's question.

Prince Zuko looked at Kairi as though she was insane.

" Come on, Zuko. You need to learn to be daring once in a while," Kairi winks, pulling Prince Zuko as they jump off the cliff.

" Ahhhh!" Prince Zuko screamed as they started falling. He closed his eyes, clinging to Kairi.

Kairi used the Air to glide and fly towards the mysterious temple. She and Prince Zuko reached the ground, and they stood on their feet.

" You can open your eyes now," She looked at Prince Zuko.

Prince Zuko opened his eyes and saw them standing before the mysterious temple.

" As I said before, give me a warning next time!" He hissed, glaring at Kairi.

Kairi playfully held her hands up in surrender. She put her hands down and looked at her surroundings. Her eyes blinked when she recognized a symbol above the grand doors.

 Her eyes blinked when she recognized a symbol above the grand doors