Chapter 1

AN: Hey guys hope you enjoy this story and as read in the summary this story takes place after Wolverine Origins and after The last Stand with a bit of tie travel involved since I'm sure I'm not the only one bummed that a certain someone wasn't included in the original movies and figured this would be a good way to introduce him into the X-men. Also decided to keep the professor and Scott alive for this one.

And finally FYI I do not own any of the characters those credits go to the awesome Stan Lee.

Happy reading!

"Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally takes thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward."

New Orleans, Louisiana 1980

Some say that your whole life can flash by in an instant and change forever who you are, like a flick of a light switch, but he never imagined it would happen to him right now. Now he was never one to run and hide from a tough situation given his profession as a thief. Which is why he found himself here instead.

Slamming down his empty glass against the wooden surface of the dark and dingy bar, the young man lazily raised his hand in a gesture to let the familiar bartender know he was ready for another round once he was done with his current customer.

The bar was lively and filled tonight, just the way he liked it. Whether it was for work where he could easily swipe another wallet from a drunk customer without even so much as getting off his seat or for pleasure where he didn't even have to open his mouth to get any one of these pretty girls to come up to him, not that he minded in the least. No, he never had to worry about leaving any establishment without someone under his arm to pass the time. But tonight was different.

Tonight, he was neither working nor cared about someone keeping his bed warm tonight. All he cared about was drinking until the sun came up and quite possibly even after that.

Furrowing his brows, Remy LeBeau continued to glare at the worn-out wooden bar, letting the sweet sound of jazz help him drown out some of the obnoxious loud laughter of the other customer.

Upon opening the loud squeaky door of the bar, a large man roughly shook his trench coat free of all the wet rain pouring from outside. Scanning the area, it didn't take him long to find his little brother slouched down on one of the bar stools with his long and scruffy almost shoulder length brown hair covering most of his face, his eyes as usual hidden behind a pair of dark sunglasses and wearing his signature dark brown trench coat and hat.

"Thought I'd find you here." He said as he took a seat next to the younger man just as the bartender finished filling up his glass and offered him one as well.

"Nice to see you too mon frère." Remy chuckled and watched as his older brother declined the drink. "You know it's rude not to drink on someone's last night before their weddin'."

"Like you care about dat Remy." He scoffed, eyeing all the different people chatting around them. "Besides if you were sober, you'd know de weddin' not fo' another few days."

"You wrong Henri. I do care." Remy's tone became bitter as he slammed the glass back down to order another. "Why else you t'ink I'm here."

"You'll see it's fo' de best Remy." Henri said watching the bartender fill up Remys glass. "Ah hell, you know what? I'll take dat drink now."

"Thought you'd say dat." Remy chuckled proudly slapping his brother on the back. "Although It'll be interstin' to see how Mercy will take it non?"

Shrugging his shoulder Henry downed the whole glass. "I'll just blame it on you."