𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

The group gathered after breakfast, slowly getting ready for their hike. Lucy watched Calista with a look of confusion as she laced her tennis shoes. "Are you coming too?" she asked skeptically.

Calista, having changed into leggings and a small crop top over a pink bikini, looked up at Lucy as she stood in front of Theo in short shorts and a white bikini top. "Why wouldn't I?" Her tone was dismissive, but there was a hint of defiance in her eyes.

Lucy shrugged nonchalantly, feigning a sweet smile. "I don't know. I just assumed it wouldn't be your thing."

Calista rolled her eyes, brushing past Lucy and heading out of the villa with Anna and Tim. She knew Lucy's comment was a subtle jab at her weight, but she refused to let it affect her. "So where are we going?" she asked Anna, taking the lead with Tim close behind.

"We found a private lake with a waterfall about 6 miles from here. Ready?"

"Sounds perfect," Calista replied with a confident grin, noticing Lucy rolling her eyes in frustration.

As they began their trek, Theo fell in step beside Calista in the back of the group. He kept a comfortable pace with the others, ignoring the occasional glances from his friends or Lucy. Smiling at Calista, he whispered, "we never got to finish our conversation this morning..."

She lowered her voice to respond only to him. "That's right, you never told me what you wanted..." Their playful exchange adding an extra spark to their already growing connection.

His lips curled into a playful smirk, and he winked at her, causing a faint pink tinge to spread across her cheeks. "I suppose I'll have to give you a demonstration later," he said with a hint of flirtation in his voice.

***

After walking just over two hours, Calista and the rest of the group reached a secluded private beach. The beach was surrounded by tall and rocky cliffs, adorned with lush green vegetation and cascading waterfalls that seemed to glisten in the sunlight. Calista's eyes widened in awe as she took in the breathtaking view.

"This place is like paradise," exclaimed Anna, her eyes sparkling as she took in the breathtaking view.

Calista nodded in agreement, a warm smile spreading across her face as she stood next to her friend. But her attention was soon drawn to Lucy, who was standing off to the side with her hands on her hips, trying to catch her breath. With a gentle laugh, Calista walked over to Lucy and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Are you doing okay there, Luce?" she asked with genuine concern.

"I'm fine," Lucy huffed, shrugging off Calista's touch. "Just not used to walking for so long at once."

"Well, that's what happens when you're only 'hot girl fit'," Calista teased playfully, earning chuckles from everyone, including her own brother, Tim.

Lucy's words dripped with venom as she spat out her retort, "At least I am fit."

Calista couldn't help but laugh, her good mood unshakeable by Lucy's snarky comment. She shot back with a teasing tone, "Apparently not if today is any indication..."

Theo smirked at their banter and Lucy rolled her eyes before plastering on a fake smile and striding past Calista to drop her shorts onto the ground and kick off her shoes. "Do you want to join me in the water, Theo?" she called out flirtatiously.