Signature

"Is everything clear then?" I ask both Nobara and Megumi and in response they nod furiously. "Good. I think we're all going to work really well together to get this..." I trail off as my office door swings open suddenly. Satoru walks in, and his expression morphs into one of confusion as he sees the two paralegals sat in front of me. "Well." I say as I get up from my seat, "Considering you're here now, I guess this is a good time for you to meet the client himself." I say as I walk to stand besides Satoru, gesturing to him slightly awkwardly as I do so.

Satoru leans down to my ear before whispering to me. "And they are...?"

"Oh! These are the two paralegals, Nobara and Megumi, who are going to be helping with the acquisition." I say with a smile as both Nobara and Megumi get up from their seats to shake Satoru's hand. Satoru switches his demeanour and shakes their hands with a cold expression on his face. Wow... he really is stand-offish towards people he doesn't really know. I'm glad we're past that stage, but then again, I'm not sure I like the stage we're at right now either if it means he thinks he can barge into my office without knocking.

"He's not as scary as he seems." I lean forwards and whisper to Megumi and Nobara which helps to lighten the mood a bit as they laugh awkwardly. We say our goodbyes as they leave my office before I return to the other side of my desk. Satoru still lingers as he makes his way towards me, peering over my shoulder at my laptop.

"Can I help you?" I ask him and his eyes flick towards me. I lean back slightly considering how close he is to my face, and he stands upright once again.

"You were scared of me?" He asks as his lips curve into a teasing grin.

"I knew you'd try to harp on that." I say with a sigh.

"You were." He says before turning round so he's facing the windows of my office and resting on my desk.

"I don't think 'scared' is the right word, but you're not the easiest to approach." I tell him, refocusing on my laptop as I do so.

"That's because I didn't know you." He says and I purse my lips together before deciding whether I want to follow up on this.

"Why are you so cold to everyone you don't know?" I ask. His gaze tears away from mine as he looks out the windows opposite him.

"Why waste any time being nice to people who are only around you for selfish purposes." He says and I feel a pang of pain in my chest for him. I guess he's been hurt before, it's probably a coping mechanism of sorts.

"Well, at least you know I don't want anything from you." I say before getting up from my desk. Satoru stands upright before stretching his arms out behind his back. I have to turn away to pack my bag to stop my gaze from wandering over his chest as he does so.

"I know, you won't even take what I offer you." He says with a shake of his head and I laugh lightly in response. A moment of silence falls between us before Satoru talks again. "Did someone sign your cast?" He asks and I look down at Utahime's signature before me.

"Oh, yeah, Utahime did earlier today." I say, holding it up so he can get a better look. He holds my cast gently in one of his hands before reaching into his suit jacket  pocket and pulling out a sharpie. I would ask him why he has a sharpie at his convenience, but he's a celebrity, I guess it's in case someone asks him to sign something.

"Can I?" He says whilst looking up at me, all I can do is nod in response, no words able to even leave my lips. I watch as he carefully curates the perfect signature to adorn my cast. I can't help but have this mental image of his crazy fan girls swarming me and trying to yank the cast off of my arm at the sight of his signature, but I guess its a risk I'm going to have to take.