Dread

Chapter 2: Dread

Chapter 2: Dread

Sabel ran, dragging me along with her as we raced along the wall. Blasts came at us from behind, red beams of light flying past our heads while Blip began to screech out in terror.

Suddenly the weight behind my neck disappeared, followed by the growingly distant sounds of our droid screeching out in terror before the sound of lightweight metal hits the floor behind us. Blip had lost her grip on me and was now being left behind, possibly damaged.

"No!! Sabel, Blip!!" My hand yanked away from her hold on my wrist, spinning on my heel to throw myself back toward the gunfire, spotting Blip just as I delve belly-first into the floor barey a foot from her. I wasn't sure as to whether I had thrown my arms around her or if she had ran to me, but the instant she was in my arms I fought to throw myself back onto my feet. A familiar pained cry hit my ears just as my eyes caught Sabel falling down onto her side, her face twisted with the pain of her injury. It was immediate that I could tell she had taken a shot to her left leg, the wound emitting faint smoke as a result of her burnt, cauterizing flesh. The pain shot out from her mouth, "Fuck!!"

"Sabel!" My lungs erupted out a similar pained outcry, falling to my hands and knees at the overwhelming amount of pain centered in my right arm. I too had just been shot, the wound burning as my flesh synged. Thankfully, the gunfire ceased the moment both of us had been neutralized, Sabel and I already holding our hands up in surrender. Blip, thankfully, had gone into decoy mode while fastened behind my neck, folded into herself as though she were simply a boxy piece of my outfit. Immediately we were surrounded, blasters pointed at our heads as the area around us cleared.

One of the troopers began to report the situation through their comlink, informing who we believe to be a commander about the two of us being discovered. As he reported, my main focus escaped as a whisper, "...Are you okay?"

"...I'll live...if we don't end up being used for target practice..." Sabel stressed, both of us panting heavily.

"Now on your feet. Let's go." The stormtrooper suddenly demanded, in which we were gripped onto and yanked to our feet. Behind us each stood a trooper as they yanked our arms behind our backs, binding our wrists together.

"Ow! Fuck you, buddy!!" Sabel snapped to the trooper behind her, barely able to stand on her injured leg. The rough treatment from the trooper behind me also caused cries of discomfort to snap out in his direction, "Take it easy, asshole!"

The trooper behind me responded by gripping onto my right arm harshly, just below my wound as we were then forced to walk back the way we came.

In no time, Sabel and I had been marched out of the depths of the factory and out into the planet's dry climate. The sun had just barely began to tease a fiery glow along the horizon, the many moons trapped within the planet's orbit glow beautifully in contrast to the planet's almost orange atmosphere outside of the factory. The mild windstorm carried along with it orange debris, the red soil and sand wisping into the air as Sabel and I squinted our eyes in effort to avoid any scratched corneas.