2. can i keep you?

Feyre's POV

I sat at the table finishing off my pasta, setting my fork down and picking up my wine glass i brought it to my lips.

I see Persephone do the same with hers, she laughs at something the red head says to her and i can't help but watch in envy. She is my sister and all i want to do is be sisters again.

Feyre darling.

I hear Rhys say in my head smiling at him when he places his hand on my knee squeezing comfortingly.

Yes Rhys.

I mentally reply back setting down my wine glass and giving him my undivided attention.

Why does your sister not like you? I mean shouldn't it be the other way round you helped care for her all these years? what happened?

I look down at my plate a solemn look on my face.

I did something that i regret.

I reply looking back at him. A scrape from a chair moving back covers the room, "is everyone finished" Persephone asks her hands clasped in front of her.

There is a murmur of 'yes' and we all rise from the table following her into another room. This is a living room with plush grey sofa's and a large glass table in the center.

"please do take a seat", she says gesturing to the couches. I sit down Rhys doing the same next to me. On my other side sits on of Persephone's friends Tony i think his name was.

"Peter what do you want to watch" she asks the child whilst scrolling through this contraption called a Tv?

"ooo put on scream, i'm in the mood for a slasher" he says looking for it on the Tv.

A man with curly black hair and a purple dress shirt on proceeds to see our song used faces and explain that it is a Tv where people can watch movies which are like plays but on screen. And i can't help but watch in fascination.

Persephone's POV

My eyes land on the people from the night court as they look at the screen in fascination, i forgot they wouldn't have Tvs or phones or anything like that. What a sad life to live.

I hear a loud gasp from the other side of the room and see the illyrian with long hair has his mouth dropped. "Nest can you believe it i cant believe it was her" he exclaims quickly to Nesta.

She hurriedly shushes him her eyes unmoving from the screen, watching in anticipation. Everyone stays silent watching the movie until it's over and we all start talking about it.

"No but i cannot believe it was her, like i can't get over it" Cassian says again talking with his hands.

"No because exactly like she wasn't even on my suspect list" Mor replies back

I let out a small laugh because the about of times we have watched the movie is crazy, we could probably act it out if we wanted to.

BANG

My head whips to the doors hands out in front of me unsure of what is to come the others do the same.

"are you expecting visitors" Rhysand asks me over his shoulder seeing my stance and understanding that i in fact am not.

"I sent out my shadows but they said no one is there" Azriel says eyes locked on the big arched door.

"guards" i call out desperate to get a response, silence. No one replies.

I take a step forward going to open the door but then i realise we don't have the upper hand here and we don't know how many of them it could be along with the fact that i don't fully trust my guests to watch my back.