𝟎𝟎𝟐

Eight years have passed, since that day that the siblings met William Turner and that ship wrecked happened.

In the Governor's mansion and in Elizabeth's room, Elizabeth's eyes then snap open again, startled wide with fear.

"What exactly was that?" Percy asked what anybody else was wondering.

"Did that all really happen or was that a dream?" The golden trio asked.

But this is no longer twelve-year-old Elizabeth on the stern of the Dauntless; this is nineteen-year-old Elizabeth, lying in bed
in the dark.

Lots of the guy students stared at the beautiful girl on the screen with lust and wanting in their eyes.

"Definitely years later." The movie TV lovers pointed out.

She remains motionless (were the images we just saw a nightmare, or a jumbled childhood memory?)

"Why is she just laying there?" A few people asked.

"What is she thinking about?" Colin asked curiosity.

Elizabeth slowly looks as far out the corner of her eyes as possible without moving.

"What is she looking for?" Dean asked.

"Is she being watched or something."Somebody muttered as others agreed.

Might there be someone in the room with her, looming over her?

She turns, ready for anything. She is alone.

She turns up the flame on an oil lamp beside the canopied bed. Carries the lamp across to a dressing table.

She pulls one of the small drawers all the way out, reaches into a space beneath it and removes...the medallion.

She has kept it all this time. It has not lost
its luster or its sense of menace. She gazes at it as she absently returns the draw to its place.

She puts on the medallion, looks at herself in the mirror.

All the students and adults looked at each other sharing different expressions with each other.

"Seems like the ignorance thing to do." Lucius scoffs.

"I'm surprised that she even kept that truly cursed thing." Carius muttered as others agreed.

"Why would she put the thing on?" A few people wondered.

She walked out of her room and knocked on the door next to her which happens to be her younger sister's room.

"Yes? Who is it?" Carina asked through the door.

"Elizabeth." Elizabeth answers.

"You can come in." Carina calls back.

Elizabeth opens the door and she walks into the room.