Chapter 13 - Thin Ice -

One moment and time seemed to halt.Or rather it slowed down, as Lucifer slowly became aware of what was happening. Alastor's lips were just resting against his, a situation he had definitely not anticipated and which had left him speechless. A light kiss, almost without force, just enough to make him let his guard down.Alastor was many things but certainly not a demon who gave in to base instincts driven by lust and desire, he was not that kind of creature.

He had practically forgotten what it was like to have someone's face so close. The sensation of lips against his, the warmth of his breath and a simple caress were enough to awaken those memories he had thought dulled after parting with the one who had been the love of his life for...well literally all the time in the world.

The radio demon really believed that he had won, Lucifer thought when he noticed that he loosened the pressure of his lips to pull away from him, but he knew that game very well, hell, he was literally the ruler of hell and that deer demon wanted to play mind games with him?As soon as he felt the demon move away from him he increased his grip on the chain still firmly in his hand, tugging it just enough to bring the demon back to its former position. With a swift movement he closed the distance between them again to Alastor's surprise and passed his free hand behind the demon's neck. 

It was Alastor's turn to remain speechless. His body became no more than a sculpture, paralysed and motionless in that precise spot with his mind rapidly emptying of any thought or manipulation he was still trying to formulate.Their lips collided, sliding elegantly over each other. Alastor had kissed before, a minor, forgettable event that definitely had nothing to do with what was happening to him at that moment.

Lucifer's lips were soft and pressed against his own with a gentleness that with loathing he could only describe as angelic, his fingers firmly behind the nape of his neck pinned him in that position, preventing him from evading the kiss. With a simple brush of his tongue that forced him to part his lips, Lucifer deepened that contact without finding any particular opposition. The demon deer was too surprised to do anything. His barred eyes watched the scene like a distant, passive spectator.

Lucifer did not linger any longer and when he had free access to his mouth, he wasted no time in filling it with his tongue, which immediately sought out Alastor's to begin a skilful interplay, inviting the other to follow his moves, who in response allowed himself to be caressed without really being able to react, also given his, more than willing, inexperience, limiting himself to seeking breath when the rhythm dictated by the king allowed him to do so, their lips brushing against each other as the kiss became rougher and he could feel their sharp teeth grazing the soft skin with each contact, before resuming that strange dance that forced Alastor's mind to return to reality and realise he had been left shamefully breathless.

The realisation washed over him like a raging rivermawakening him from his torpor, with one hand he gave a push strong enough to separate himself from Lucifer.Alastor tried to catch his breath, his eyes filled with horror at what had just occurred.The golden chain vanished from his neck with a simple gesture on Lucifer's part. A strange feeling came over the radio demon, a fist directed at his stomach, and he felt his bowels twist in a wave of bile after that kiss.It was as if they had fought but with the only difference that what they were doing was more like crawling inside each other's skin.Lucifer watched Alastor and felt a strange pleasure in seeing the disgust and terror take possession of his eyes and his ever-smiling face. The satisfaction he felt at knowing he had put that arrogant and impertinent demon in his place was unlike anything he had ever experienced before.