3 𖤐 Panic

"You can go ahead straight to shower, kay? I'll stand by your locker and wait." Amunet smiles, still obviously concerned and worried. I nod gently, looking down at my feet in utter embarrassment.

She was clearly able to sense this embarrassment from me and she puts her hand on my shoulder. "Hey, no need to be ashamed or embarrassed or anything of that type! I always help people who seem they need it, and you clearly needed help." She looks down at me-straight into my eyes.

Her blue eyes interlocking with mine was almost too similar to those anime rom-coms where they protagonist and love interest lock eyes and fall in love.

But this is no anime.

It's real life.

She moves her hand down my shoulder and pats my back softly. "Holler if you need anything-I'll be right here." She flashes me a pure, genuine smile and lets her hand to rest at her side.

I couldn't help but smile myself, but not to her extent. "Thank you, Amunet..." I mutter, then turn around and begin walking to the showers.

I choose the one closest to where Amunet would technically be. I don't turn the water on just yet because i have to remove my robotic limb.

I sit down on the floor in the shower and begin to fiddle with the buttons on my leg, attempting to break it free. Once I had gotten it to come off, i took the protective wrapping from where my knee is off.

I stand up, hopping on one leg, and i set my leg right outside the shower.

I sit back down, but onto my knees this time. I reach up to turn the water on and instant warm water hit my bare skin. It had startled me at first, making me whimper gently.

After my speedy recovery from shock, I grabbed the soap I brought with me into the shower.

I wasn't gonna take a full shower; just a short face and body wash to get any sweat and extra vomit off.

The soap lathers up on my chest and stomach and I look down at it. It trickled down my body swiftly-which was weird because all of my bones sticking out of my skin should've definitely made obstacles for the soap and water to dodge.

But no. It washed off quickly and i watched it go down the drain.

I look up from the amusing drain when i hear to clicking of mary janes on the tile. "How you doing, Ebola?" She asks and knocks on the shower curtain like it was a door.

"Good..." I say quietly, looking back at the curtain. I saw her silhouette through the thin curtain. "Alright! I'll be right where I was."

The clicking starts again, beginning to grow further rather than closer unlike last time.

Luckily, I didn't need much more time before i was done with my shower. I stretch up, turning the water off and go to stand up, but i fall onto my ass.

I panic and look down at my nub. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I whisper to myself. I look around frantically, not knowing what to do.

𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘈𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘵?!

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘪 𝘥𝘰?!

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘥?!

𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨!!

"FUCK!" I shout, still thinking it was in my head, but it wasn't.

"Ebola?! You ok?!" I hear Amunet say, her voice trailing closer to my location with her shoes clicking on the floor again.

𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵.

"Y-Yeah I'm ok..!" I respond, knowing damn well i needed aid to get up. "Just...having an..𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞..is all!"

"What's wrong?" Her feet stop with a squeak and stand in front of the curtain. "I..." I sigh, hesitant. "I can't get up.."

"Ohhh yeah- I forgot your leg couldn't go in water!" She giggles softly. "Here, I'll look away and you grab my hand, kay? I'll pull ya up!" She says, the sweetness just beaming from her.

I nod gently. "Ok...make sure your eyes are shut tight!!" I demand, my face turning a bright red.

I hear the curtain open and see her hand creep in. I take her hand in my own and grapple the wall with the other for extra support.

She tugs on my arm, lifting me to my foot. I see a glimpse of her scrunched up face, making sure her eyes were closed. "You up?" "Yeah..." "Need anything else?" "No.." "Alright, holler if you need me again!" She let's go and smiles, turning around and opening her eyes and running away.

How embarrassing-but at least she didn't make a big deal out of it...