PROLOGUE

The little girl laughed at the slightly older boy who was chasing her around. "Zuko stop!" she gigled as he picked her up threatening to throw her over the water with the turtle-ducks. "Not unless you admit I'm the best." the young prince said smirking. "I'd rather be thrown in the water." in response the young girl gave him a playful glare sticking her tongue out at him.

"Elaila!" A rushed woman showed up, causing young Zuko to let the girl on the ground. "Mom? What's going on?" little Elaila asked confused.

Without answering, the woman picked her daughter up and turned to the young Zuko. "Go to your mother she is waiting for you." she told him sternly and then both of them disappeared, the last look to his best friend stuck in the girl's memory.

3 years later:

Elaila was staring at the cresent moon that was standing elegantly on the night sky. With one last glance she proceeded to go back inside her small tent.

Trying to sleep she heard two voices right outside of her tent, which she realized belonged to two of the boys she hated the most from her village.

"Do you think we should still throw it in the lake without the others?" said one of them in a failed attempt to whisper. "We can't do it witout waking her up, let's just leave." He said.

Elaila didn't fall asleep after that. She either ways couldn't. A part of her wished they threw her tent in the lake so she could find an excuse to leave this village.

Especially after her mom's death there was nothing holding her from leaving. But a part of her wanted to stay, a part of her found a familiarity being surrounded by people from her Tribe even if they treated her terribly. But the other part of her was what made her neglected from any home she could ever have.

Next morning she was awaken by people shouting, so after quickly getting up she saw the fire nation everywhere. The army was small but compared to her village numbers they were clearly outmatched so she didn't bother defending it.

"We are looking for your library! Take us there and we won't cause further harm." a boy around her age who looked like their leader shouted. Seeing everyone frozen in place she walked over to him. "I can take you there." she said.

The boy followed her a part of the army close behind them. "You better not pull anything." he growled from behind her. She could practically feel his body warmth sending chills to her spine. Nevertheless she kept her confidence. "If I was to do anything you'd already be frozen by now." she stated calmly.

When they reached the library the grumpy leader ordered his men to stay outside and guard the entrance. "Will you be alright Prince Zuko?" one of them asked. The name clearly made the girl hopefull she found again her old friend.

When they walked inside the prince went straight to the artifacts he was looking for. Some stuff about old avatars. Finally, Elaila found the courage to confront her old friend. "Zuko?" she asked uncertainty laced in her voice. "It's me Elaila." she added when she saw him freeze in his spot.

"Laila?" he called out the nickname he gave her years ago, which sounded more like a question. Elaila nodded her head smiling widly and ran to embrace her long lost best friend.

After they both gathered everything they needed Elaila decided to join Zuko in his quest to capture the Avatar and restore his lost honour.