30.

𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏
Bye Trent
𖣘ꨄ❤︎

I stared at the screen in disbelief, unable to comprehend what I had just read. Trent was the one who got it all this time?

I can't even be mad that he didn't tell me he was recipient, after all I was chewing that person's head off in his chat, whole time it was him. This makes it even worst...I can't accept this. He knew how much of a grand opportunity this was and he sacrificed it so that I could have it instead?

I remembered our last conversation, he had poured his heart out to me, laying bare his feelings and baring his soul. In that moment, I had made it clear that my heart belonged to Jude, that I wanted to be with him above all else. And yet, despite knowing the depth of my feelings for Jude, Trent had still chosen to sacrifice his own dreams for my sake.

It was a gesture of selflessness that left me reeling, my mind struggling to reconcile the enormity of his sacrifice with my own desires. This internship had been the one thing I had wanted more than anything else, but I had never wanted it like this.

Trent knew better than anyone the significance of this opportunity, the doors it could open and the paths it could pave. And yet, he had willingly let it slip through his fingers, all for my sake? I was struggling to grasp it.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't deserve his sacrifice, he's one of the smartest people I know. So if he was selected, they made the right choice because he was more than deserving of it.

"Found it!" I heard Jude exclaimed. "Are you okay?" He backtracked as he looked over at me probably noticing that I just froze there.

"I need you to take me back to the dorm" I said quietly before my glossy eyes met his.

"Why are you crying?" He said rushing over to me pulling me into a hug, "what's wrong? What happened"

How could I tell him what's really wrong? I don't know how he'd take it.

"Brielle, did I do something? I don't get it," Jude's voice broke through my thoughts, soft and filled with concern.

"No, babe," I replied, reaching for my phone. I
opened the email before handing it to him, watching as he scanned the contents with furrowed brows.

"But this is great news, isn't this what you wanted? Are these tears of joy?" His voice was laced with confusion.

"Believe me, more than anything. But it's the way how I got it. I feel so overwhelmed right now, hence the tears," I explained.

"Just take me to the dorm. I won't be long, and I'll explain everything after," I added, hoping he would understand my need for some time to process everything before sharing it with him.

He didn't push further instead, we got back in the car and make our way on campus. I assured him I'd be back in ten minutes, but truth be told, I had no idea how long it would take. I gave him a kiss on the lips before I left.

I entered the dorm and made my way to the elevator, my heart pounding hard. I pressed the button for the third floor, where Trent's room was located. As the elevator ascended, I couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty eating me up. What would Trent say? How would he react?

When the elevator doors slid open, I took a deep breath and stepped out, walking down the hallway until I reached Trent's door. I hesitated for a moment before gathering the courage to knock.

Seconds passed, feeling like an eternity, before the door swung open. He stood before me, looking slightly disheveled as if he had been taking a nap. His eyes widened in surprise as he took in my presence.