Chapter 6

Nat looked at Bucky and asked, "You kept this from me?"

"Doll," he replied with a nervous chuckle, "let me explain-"

She glared at him. "You aren't getting out of trouble by smiling."

That gave him an idea. "What if I smile like this?"

The way he looked, all cute and somewhat innocent with a hungry look in his eyes had Nat almost falling for it. God, she loved that smile. But she caught onto his game fast.

"No!" she said. "No! Stop that!"

He smiled at her again and responded with, "But, doll..."

She knew she was powerless against his charms. "Damn you, James Barnes."

With that, the pair were all but tearing each other's clothes off of each other, their mouths fused together. His hands moved over her back while hers tunneled through his thick hair.

"Gross!" Erika said, causing the pair to break apart.

Steve then asked, "Can you two at least wait until you get to your room before you start dry-humping each other?"

The couple chuckled before he dragged her from the room. Erika shuddered and quickly grabbed the remote to soundproof the room. Everyone laughed as she settled back into her seat.

"Oh," Tony said, "Erika, you will be going to Midtown High, starting next week."

"Do I have to?" she grumbled. "Why can't I just stay here and be homeschooled until I go back?"

It was clear she thought Steve had been all talk at the school. Tony had already paid for her to be reinstated at the school at least five times, so this shouldn't be any different. However, Tony and Steve knew they couldn't continue like this. Even with multiple talks with the principal and school board, with her drama teacher gunning for her, Erika was not welcomed in any capacity. They wanted her to pursue her dream of performing, but with a real support system in place, not teachers on power trips because they washed out of Hollywood or Broadway.

"Princess," Steve said, drawing her attention, "we talked about this. Papa and I have missions. And that school is at least letting you transfer."

Erika jumped up, anger radiating from her as she replied, "Ugh! This is so unfair! You're going to ruin my social life!" She didn't have many friends, but the few she had, she wanted to try to keep. "Just buy my way back into my real school!" When Tony shook his head, she knew there was no going back. "I hate both of you!"

She ran to her room, slamming the door behind her. Steve and Tony sighed. They missed the little girl who told them multiple times a day that she loved them. Why did Erika have to become a moody teenager?